Sooooooooooooo Angry.... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-18, 12:33 PM   #1

Default Sooooooooooooo Angry....

So I finally took my car for a diagnosis and the garage said this exactly: "suspect internal fault as failed block test." He said it would cost nearly 900 plus vat to fix this issue as well and even then it is not guaranteed it will be fixed fully.

It has gotten much worse the last few days since the snow/freeze from last week too and today the engine died on me till I restarted it again. It is even more juddery than ever. I am so pissed off as the dealers are claiming that they dissolved two weeks after I bought it and contacted them with the problem but I found out that their company is still legally active.

So far I have applied for a Charge Back through my bank but wish I paid with a credit card now instead of a debt card. Not sure what the success rate is for this but it could be one of my only hopes.

I also am going to pay the dealers a surprise visit tomorrow to see if they are still open and are lying. I am just not sure what will happen if they are as I doubt they will give me a refund but would they really try to repair it when it costs so much! ahhhhhhhhhhhh sorry I am just so stressed and sad right now.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-18, 01:18 PM   #2

What exactly is "failed block test"?
Also did you get a warranty?
Old 08-03-18, 01:28 PM   #3

He took some liquid out of my coolant and mixed it with something which apparently showed him that there is something internally wrong with the engine.. including all my other issues like the juddering, low fuel pressure code etc...

3 months warranty but the dealer is claiming they are dissolved. I contacted them 2 weeks after I got the car to ask them to repair it and they have been ignoring me and lying so now trying to go through a charge back claim through my bank which could take up to 60 days and I don't know what the success rate is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlineiain View Post
What exactly is "failed block test"?
Also did you get a warranty?

Old 08-03-18, 01:36 PM   #4

It's a warranty actually through them or 3rd party?
Do you have the paperwork?

Juddering and low fuel pressure could well be the high pressure fuel pump. Especially given you have a THP.
It's either carbon build up, timing chain or fuel pump with these engines.

Still I'd rather have a flakey petrol RCZ than one with an anvil over the front axle
Old 08-03-18, 01:47 PM   #5

The thing is the garage has really good reviews and word of mouth but even they aren't 100% sure till they strip the car or put a camera down apparently to confirm any damage. Either way it all sounds too expensive for a car i bought less than 40 days ago.

As far as I am aware all their cars come with a 3 months warrant and yes i have all the paper work and books etc...

My bank seems to be confident that they could money back even if they really dissolved apparently? he said Monarch case is a good example of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlineiain View Post
It's a warranty actually through them or 3rd party?
Do you have the paperwork?

Juddering and low fuel pressure could well be the high pressure fuel pump. Especially given you have a THP.
It's either carbon build up, timing chain or fuel pump with these engines.

Still I'd rather have a flakey petrol RCZ than one with an anvil over the front axle
Old 08-03-18, 02:04 PM   #6

Basically the blue liquid turned green, which from what I googled is a exhaust gas leak into coolant.. so it could be Fixes cracks and leaks in radiator, head gasket, freeze plugs, cylinder heads, heater core, water pump casing and engine blocks (google again) or just the whole engine needs changing as they are claiming?
Old 08-03-18, 04:12 PM   #7

Your car has more than 1 problem the coolant issue will NOT affect fuel system pressure so thats 2 separate faults it MAY affect the combustion as it will weaken the mixture

Coolant getting exhaust gasses in it comes generally from head gasket or a cracked bore or head sometimes so NOT RADIATOR CORE PLUGS HEATER CORE OR WATER PUMP

Head and gasket can be fixed by replacing IF the bore is cracked then replacing engine is probably best option but without knowing whats wrong its pointless speculating.

Stop googling you will just get confused concentrate on getting the garage or warranty company to sort it
Old 08-03-18, 05:31 PM   #8

Forget the warranty. If you bought the car from a business then you have 6 months in which you can take the car back to be repaired, replaced or refunded if the fault could be deemed to have existed or developing at the time you bought the car. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content...-you-buy-a-car
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-18, 04:06 PM   #9

So I took a long trip to Peterborough to surprise the dealer and surprise surprise, the guy who I got the car off was there. To cut a very long story shirt (I filmed the whole thing from start till we left) he is claiming the company has closed and a new owner now owns it... but the same workers still work there At first he was saying how i should just take them to court and being difficult till I told him I was filming the whole thing his attitude changed a bit. I noticed paperwork with the old companies name on it and told him I filmed it and that he has a sign still up with the companies name on it. Anyway, half an hour or so and he at the end said he will do us 'a favour'. He gave us a Warranty worth 1000 with something called Auto Guard Warrant. He said he registered it as if I bought the car today and said to call them in a weeks time to make a claim that my car stopped working. We asked for a receipt saying we got the car today but he said he can not do that and that they don't ask for one anyway. He said the garage will fix the car and they will pay up to 1000 and i pay the rest if it is more....

What are peoples opinion on this? I have already put in a claim for Chargeback claim through my bank and just waiting for the forms so I can send evidence.. so kind of torn with what to do now. I can use this video as evidence as well which means i might get all my 2490 back... which I would rather have but if I can try to fix the car and pay nothing towards it then try sell it I am happy with that too!
Old 09-03-18, 07:06 PM   #10

Just reject the car as not fit for purpose he is just trying to fob you off hoping you will give up i thought you ALREADY had a warranty !
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in