Snow and more snow. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-13, 08:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Snow and more snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 308 has had to drive through heavy snow on way to work in early hours over last 2 days. Crap at road holding, all over the place. Tyres are good, could it be that the tyres are hard wearing with poor grip or is the 308 just crappo in the snow?
Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-13, 08:52 PM   #2
Inactive User

My opinion TYRES!https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...11/#post153296
Old 25-03-13, 12:54 AM   #3
Inactive User

more than likely your right foot.

Ive done arctic driving courses during my time in the forces... Basically if you keep the revs right down, say less than 1.5k revs at all times. Pull away in 2nd, instead of 1st. Use your gears...NOT your brakes...otherwise you will slide. Dont take corners hard, slow right down using your gears again and go real slow. Dont try and keep up with the choppers who think because they are in 4 wheel drives they wont have problems...Wrong ive seen sooo many audi and BMW drivers in the shite with the snow.

Using this ive managed to get everywhere and anywhere. Driving a different amount of vehicles from Peugeots 307's, Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astras with low profile tyres. Vans, Citroen berlingos and the far easiest to drive in snow...Land Rover Defenders old and new. On a few occasions even buses and coaches.

Oh another tip i use, is to deflate the tyres by a small amount...say 0.2 of a PSI, get more of a tyre surface area.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, turn your ESP off, if you can...causes more problems then sense in snow. Also if your car is auto, use holding gears when pulling off. Manuals are far superior, in my opinion, than autos in snow and ice conditions.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in