SatNav Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-18, 10:14 AM   #1

Default SatNav Problems

Hi

I have a major problem with the SatNav on my (French LHD) 2012 308SW. I live in France but I have an English handbook for the car.

The problem started about a month ago when a message "insert navigation CD" came up on the screen . I had to restart the car to reactivate the SatNav. This happened more and more frequently until it appears every time I start the car.

The unit is described in the handbook as "Peugeot Connect Navigation, Multimedia Audio System/Bluetooth Telephone GPS Europe on an SD card". However, mine does not have an SD card slot (presumably the SatNav is built in and could not have been updated??).

I took the car into the local Peugeot dealer - yes, you can see what's coming - and their diagnosis was that the unit needed replacing at an estimated cost of 1120!

I cannot afford to pay that sort of money, but I do use the SatNav often and so wonder if anyone can help. At the moment I cannot find a replacement on E Bay, but if I could find one, is it just a case of a straight replacement?

Thanks for any help and fingers crossed
MikeRuss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-18, 12:04 PM   #2

This is probably not what you want to hear and even as anoying as it maybe, I would just go out and by myself a good Garmin 0r TomTom stand alone.
A lot cheaper in the long run and up to date with traffic.

Grumpy
Old 10-08-18, 01:00 PM   #3

Thanks, Grumpy, probably a sensible idea and we do actually have a TomTom, but never quite as convenient as a built-in SatNav. I was also thinking that when we come to sell the car, the problem may be an complication and deter a prospective buyer?

Old 10-08-18, 06:12 PM   #4

In my experience the stand alone ones (Garmin, TomTom) are infinitely better than any built in type.
Main difference is you get free map updates for life on most. Also you can add POIs, things like speed cameras and they actually work unlike the one you get from Peugeot which is so inaccurate as to be useless.
Old 10-08-18, 06:18 PM   #5

There is a member who lives in spain who repairs these well at least the older ones he also lists on ebay i cannot remember his name though

So it could be fixed rather than replaced but peugeot wont fix them they just want to sell you a new unit
Old 10-08-18, 08:25 PM   #6

Thanks for your input, Brilec, and I agree with everything you say. Our TomTom is reliable and accurate but I do like the convenience of the built-in SatNav, and to be fair, the Peugeot SatNav has been no trouble up to the current problem, both in France and England.

I like the option of repairing the unit, Reliable. If anyone knows the contact details of the guy who does this, I would be pleased to hear. To his credit, the workshop manager at the local Peugeot dealers did mention that there was a possibility of repairing the unit, but did not have any details or phone numbers.

And.... I am still confused whether this unit without an SD card slot can ever be updated. Anyone know the answer to this one?

Thanks again
Old 10-08-18, 09:24 PM   #7

Do you have a USB slot in the glovebox, or the centre console?
My 308 has the NG4 head unit with built in hard drive, so although it has both USB and SD card slots, the map data is stored on the hard drive.
You can't just plug in another unit bought from ebay, or Leboncoin as they are VIN coded to the car, although this can be corrected with PeugeotPlanet.
Steph308cc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-18, 10:21 AM   #8

Hi Steph, I notice you are also in France.

My head unit is the RT6, and yes there is a USB socket in the centre console. (We have an ipod permanently connected as we don't have enough French to listen to French radio!!). Presumably, then, any updates would be via a memory stick into the USB?

The estimate for replacement does include an item for "telecodage" which must be the set-up by their Diagbox that you refer to.
Old 02-11-18, 01:07 PM   #9

Mike,
That has just started to my sat nav yesterday. I have got nothing to look forward too then. Glad to have found a reason for it.
Nip boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-18, 01:17 PM   #10

Mike,
This problem has just appeared on my nav unit, looks like like you l am buggered, unless l pay. Glad to have at least found an answer. I shall have a word with my local dealer and see if they will help, but won't hold my breath
Nip boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in