Routing microphone and switched 12V wires for hands free kit - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-18, 12:22 PM   #1

Default Routing microphone and switched 12V wires for hands free kit

I'm wanting to install a Parrot 3100 hands free kit on my 2008 308. I've worked out how to remove the centre trim and the radio, and how to connect the Parrot's wiring into the existing ISO connector that goes to the back of the radio.

But I'm not sure the best way to route a microphone cable from the A pillar, then behind the dashboard to the radio, and how to get a switched 12V supply, given that the fuse box is in the engine compartment rather than underneath the steering wheel as it was on the 306.

Is there an access port at the end of the dashboard by the door? There looks to be a seam between two different types of plastic, but if the side bit is an access "door", I can't see how to remove it to thread cable behind the glove box.

Any suggestions?

Incidentally, am I being overcautious or wise in not trying to remove the trim that covers the A pillar (to route the mike cable behind it), given that it has an airbag in it? Should I rely on just pushing the cable between the windscreen and the trim?

Last edited by martinu; 05-12-18 at 01:36 PM.
martinu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-18, 07:52 PM   #2

You dont need a switched 12 volt supply i have a parrot and have moved it from car to car many times it gets power from the radio power so goes off with ignition
Old 05-12-18, 08:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
You dont need a switched 12 volt supply i have a parrot and have moved it from car to car many times it gets power from the radio power so goes off with ignition
Ah, I saw a Youtube video of someone fitting a Parrot to a Vauxhall and they were talking about needing to find a switched 12V feed from a spare fuse in the fuse box. That made me wonder whether it didn't use the power supply to the radio.

*Is* the radio power switched on the 308? My radio works with the ignition off, although it switches itself off and you get a message "Economy Mode" on the display after about 5 mins of use without the engine running - you actually need engine running as opposed to just ignition on, which is a bugger if you park and want to listen to the radio or play a CD.

But even if the Parrot stays "live" for 5 mins after the engine is turned off, that's no great hardship. It's not as if it was live 24/7.

By the way, how good is the Parrot at making sense of the situation where two different phones, which have both been paired with it in the past, are both in Bluetooth range? Normally it would be just me or just my wife, each with our phone, driving and therefore in BT range. Does it behave sensibly if we are both in range (eg both in the car)? Does it tend to connect preferentially to the first phone in some internal list?

Last edited by martinu; 05-12-18 at 08:39 PM.
martinu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-18, 08:38 PM   #4

Radio can be turned on by pressing the power button with ignition off you dont need ignition on.

If it goes into economy mode in 5 mins then your battery is tired

It would stay live for 3 mins max till the BSI shuts down.
Old 17-01-19, 06:26 PM   #5

Default Peugeot Bluetooth

I have installed the BT module and the RD45 stereo (better solution) on a 207, but it is similar on 308 too.
Unclip the A pillar cover, as long as you dont use it as a baseball bat, there is no issue with the air bag.

But to make sure, if you worry, you can disconnect the battery.

Once it is uncliped then you can route from the roof lining to A pillar, pass through the plastics clips on the A pillar.
I used electricians pole to pass lower at A pillar to the Dash. Or you can use electric cable (one of the 3 cables). I taped it at the end and just push it slowly.
On the left side of the dash is a plastic cover. You can remove it and from there you can see the cable after you pushed through the A Pillar.
Then you can re-route to the back of the stereo.
If I was you I would remove the glove box. Easier to have access.

Once the cable is in place test and once confirmed is working then you can close the plastic covers and A Pillar cover.

Now the question is: Is the microphone cable new or is from Peugeot?
If it is one from ebay, I had to connect it direct to the BT module, not the stereo. As it was not working on the RD4 I had.

With RD4 and BT module, you only get hand free phone. It remembers 2 phones, but you can only work one, when you choose it.
Say you used the car and the next day you get back in the car you dont have to pair.
But if the second phone gets in, they have to choose their phone.

With RD45 stereo, the BT is in the radio (so you dont need the module)you dont have this issue. The stereo would allow you to have 2 phones connected, BUT 1 for phone calls and 1 for music streaming. But if the driver changes and both phones are already paired, once only one is in range then it would auto pair for that phone. It is auto pair to the last phone if both phones are in the range.

Is easy to do, and as other said.... you dont need 12V supply. If the Parrot BT module is a Peugeot original.
greekstalion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in