Replacing peugeot 308 with 307 A/C Compressor - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-17, 10:15 PM   #1

Default Replacing peugeot 308 with 307 A/C Compressor

Good day all

my car is 308 with Vti 1.6 Engine non turbo , recently i had a problem with air conditioner compressor , so garage advise me to replace air conditioner compressor

i went to market and found it so expensive " about 200$ in Egypt for used one"

however they advised me to use the 307 one , and they just said everything is going to be ok they tried it on number of cars with the same problem and it goes well without problems

here we go

Hell yeah it's pretty good and performing well on higher temp " reach 45 here in Egypt " better than the 308 one , but it's not the problem

Problem exist whenever i press the brake pedal i feel like the car is going to shut down , rpm keeps go ups and down between 0.5 and 1k round per minute until the car stop the idle become good " the interval between the time i press brake and the car stops you feel like something wrong in idle "

i tried everything you may imagine, we checked sparkplugs and coils as well ,we cleaned electronic throttle valve " no error registered on diagbox " and finally we changed fuel pump
problem still exist whenever i press brake in traffice jam

N.B : problem exist only whenever A/C is on , without A/C car is going fine without any problem

so please asist how to solve this problem
Mohamedasale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-17, 09:03 AM   #2

Despite the work done to replace the AC compressor I think the fault could be with the operation of the brake servo one way valve, problem may be worse with AC on because of the additional engine load. You could try disconnecting the pipe to the brake servo and blanking the holes and see if it makes any difference, don't drive it like this as the brakes won't work properly, just apply the brakes at rest to see if any change.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in