Remap - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-18, 04:20 PM   #1

Default Remap

Hi guys, got a few questions regarding remapping my 2013 308 Active Nav 1.6 HDI 90ps.

Is it possible to get a bluefin device for this (not shown on their website)?

How much actual 'real life' performance difference does a remap give. I believe I can gain roughly 20 - 25% increase in both BHP and Torque, how noticeable is this on the road bearing in mind this car is pretty slow to start with (0-60 in 14 seconds I believe)?

Will this cause long term damage to the engine or related parts?

Will the car be more smokey?

Is it really worth the hassle, will the car just go from very slow to just slow?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-18, 06:46 PM   #2

You will notice the remap right away best to get a good known mapper, as they will check over the car before they do any work, the amount of people who get a remap to try and fix a low power, boost issue leak ect is crazy when they report back the car as been remapped but still slow or now not driving right.

Am not sure a bluefin is made for a hdi, you could get a tuning box from racechip they are not cheap but I had one in my 2.0 110 307 worked well but I went down the remap as I was getting my dpf removed at the time sold my racechip and helped pay for the remap.

The car won't be to smokey but this down to the place as remaps the car, definitely get the car remapped and enjoy the extra power as for long time drivability as long as you keep the services up you should be good.
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-18, 07:59 PM   #3

Cheers for that, a bit of background, this was my wifes car and I drove a 320d, we decided that the bmw was too expensive to run / maintain and as her 308 was sat on the drive most of the time generally doing short journeys it would make more sense if we moved on the bmw and got her a runaround (which turned out to be a 208 petrol) and I use the 308 as I do much more mileage.

It has only done 26k miles and we have had it since it was 9 months old as a demonstrator, and has been very well looked after with full main dealer service history every year.

Obviously coming out of the bmw into the 308 is a bit of a shock performance wise so although I am realistic that, even mapped, it will not challenge the bmw anything I can do to give it a bit more get up and go would be welcomed.

Old 12-02-18, 09:30 PM   #4

With drop form a BMW 320d your going to think the car is slow for sure, I have drove my dad's old C4 1.6hdi 110bhp and it was remapped from 6k it was nice to drive and I put a few shocked faces on others drivers at the time,

I then had my 307 2.0 110bhp and got a tuning box it was good but after dpf faults I removed the system and remapped it ect,

my dad jumped on to the pro ceed 1.6 crdi 115bhp I think. it was a 6speed this was remapped after a month less than 2k on the clock it took the remap well had 50k when he got a 407 coupe V6 2.7 hdi still has this locked up.

If you get your car remapped some places let you try it after so your happy with it, if you get it done I would be keen to get a service and KN panel filter and maybe blank the EGR this should give you some more breathing for the engine

And keep the car serviced as they don't like a long service intervals, maybe look into a carbon clean if it's been used on short drives, my brother had his car done few months ago and the car was not the quickest but it feels more lively now before and after was a good improvement.
Old 14-02-18, 03:09 PM   #5

I am nervous with tuning boxes, I had one many years ago on a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI (which I know were known for their weak injectors), but had injector failure within weeks.

AFAIK these boxes simply trick the ECU in throwing more fuel into the system which can cause other issues with the fuel system and make the car more smokey.
Old 14-02-18, 07:26 PM   #6

I agree with you with tuning boxes the cheap ones are just a resistor in a box, but the racechip is a digital tuning chip and has switched settings inside to adjust power programs I can only speak on what I had with my car and it was good, I had a cheap on that in got on gumtree that cut the engine out under full and part load that's why I looked into racechip after reading reviews on the cdti engines that give good power when used, at the time I took a risk and tried them and never looked back and the services was good always got back to me with questions ect.

If you don't like the idea of that route go and see a good remaper and most cases they will make sure your happy with the remap before you pay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in