Rear Seat Belt Alarm problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-12, 02:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rear Seat Belt Alarm problem

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I have a question to ask and to see if I'm on my own or have other people experienced the issue and if anyone knows how to fix it.

The rear seats are the three separate ones that you can remove but when the seats are in position the seat belt alarm is randomly going off when there is nobody or anything on the seats, or empty seats with the seat belts clip in place and even with people sat in the back and their seat belts clip in place. And its not on one seat the car is ramdomly picking one any of the three.

If nobody knows of the problem does anyone know how to disconnect the alarm. I can put up with the flashing lights but the alarm does your head in after a while and you can't do anything about it.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-12, 03:05 PM   #2
Inactive User

sounds like a wire has been damaged somewhere. if its saying any of the three then chances are its the main trunk wire for this feature.

im not sure but i think you can deactivate this alarm and light within planet.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-12, 10:59 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hi, we have suffered exactly the same experience and it is thoroughly frustrating!
After telling our Peugeot Service department, the best answer we could get from them was, "we don't know, but if it happens again please bring it in whilst it is happening." I don't know about you, but this is not entirely practical! If there are any Peugeot technical geniuses reading this forum, I would appreciate a better answer...
Cat2000 likes this.
caf1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-11-12, 09:54 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi Folks,
I hate my first post being a question, but I was wondering if anyone has any more info on the question posed by the OP.

I would assume that there is an RF or Wireless unit in each seat? There doesn't appear to be any other way since the seats are removable and there are no wires - the question is, how does the warning display determine what seat is what on the second row?

I have been reading the warning can be de-activated, but I would rather try a repair. If anyone has info that might be of help fault finding, please let me know, I will be sure to share any fix I come across.

Cheers, G.
Griogarach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-13, 04:13 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi All

I have the same problem, it would seem to be a common issue and an patch update from Peugeot would be great.
Its the same seat the goes off for me, he one behind the passanger seat. I reported it to the Peugeot dealer and one of the mechanics came for a drive with me but unfortunatley it didnt go off at that time and i havent had a chance to bring it back. At first I suspected that it was because i have a child seat in the back but this appears not to be the reason. Ive tried with the seat belts in and out of the clips but that doesnt make a difference either.

Any help / advise would be appreciated.
Gordy6040 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-13, 05:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

I haven't had time to do anything further with mine yet.

I just turned off the rear seat warning with PP.

I've since done a BSI reset, but haven't had time to turn it back on to see if its cured.

My experience of it moving across the seats, as it were, does suggest an interface / ECU problem - its unlikely that all seat sensors would fail at once. The actual sensors in the seats must be a passive RF type system of some sort.

There are no wires due to the modular seats, and no contacts that I can see, which also means whatever is in there must not be powered relying an RF / inductive field.

Any Peugeot men out there able to confirm this?
Old 15-01-13, 06:10 PM   #7
davidireland

Is this car an SW? The system is worked wirelessly as each of these three seats can be moved to any position. There is a sensor under the carpet under the seats and each seat has a wireless ariel also. You won't know which seat is causing the problem until you get the car onto Diagbox.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-13, 06:32 PM   #8
Inactive User

Nice one, cheers.

Figured it was something like that.

I take it the sensor under the carpet is to turn the seat warning off if the seat is not in place or folded up, and the sensor in the seat determines if it is occupied and belt on or off?

In my case, different indicator lights light up at random, mostly left rear, right rear a little less often, and the middle one rarely.

If all the under carpet sensors act as an inductive pickup for the wireless modules in the seat directly above it, and run to a common multi plug, that would be a prime suspect.

(I am just thinking aloud here - but that would explain how the system knows what warning LED to light with regards to seat position)

A fault or dodgy contact there would incorrectly show the various seats as occupied, triggering the warning.

I'll be having a proper look as soon as I get a bit of time and the cold snap buggers off.

I will report back, cheers again for the input.

Last edited by Griogarach; 15-01-13 at 06:42 PM. Reason: realised i was talking nonsense...
Old 15-01-13, 07:11 PM   #9
Inactive User

What's Peugeot Pp? And what's a bsi reset? Is this something that can be done without tools?
Gordy6040 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-13, 06:26 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi, some day ago I started with the same problem, and from the tests that I made the problem is related to the connection between the seat and the system.

This is easy to tested. When you turn the key to the first position the 3 lights from the back seat must be turn on, if not you will have alarms.

I already change the position of the seats and the problem wasn't solve (same location with the problem).
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in