Questions about PP200 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-13, 12:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Questions about PP200

Hi,

Please can anyone answer the following questions concerning PP2000?

1) PP200 does not provide fault codes but gives a description of faults only - is this correct?
2) If one changes a ECU on your car like for instance an ABS ECU - is it automatically detectable and accessible by PP200 or has it to be "programmed in" - if so how is this done or can it be done? I am getting an "PP2000 Unknown reference, ECU being referenced" (programme does nothing) when trying to read/connect to my ABS ECU.
3) Why does the diagtool (F4) in the PP2000 package not work? I get the message that it is not accessible. What am I doing wrong?
4) Is the programme DIAGTOOL better and should I get this programme instead?
5) Will my Lexia/PP2000 interface package connection (9780.Z5) I bought work with the DIAGTOOL software if I am advised to swap over?
6) What diagnostic software does a Peugeot dealer use when I take my car into them?

Thanks - Your guidance will be much appreciated
Soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-04-13, 01:46 PM   #2

1) No. It provides the "P" code, a description of the fault and more details about the fault - such as when it was recorded.

2) More likely a faulty wire or dirty fuse causing this error.

3) We're using a clone of the genuine Peugeot diagnostics gear, we're lucky we get what we do.

4) You mean DIAGBOX. Horses for courses. Its supposed to be better on newer cars or if you're diagnostic Citroens as well as Pugs. Personally I prefer Planet, I find it faster and I'm used to it and Diagbox ran awful on my Netbook.

Although I have now put Diagbox on a more powerful laptop with 3Gb of RAM and an SSD.

5) Depends when and where you bought it from. My Lexia hardware is three years old and I can only get Diagbox 5 working. Newer ones claim compatibility with 6 and 7.

6) Dunno.
Old 24-04-13, 01:51 PM   #3

I now have a couple of what you would call original/reflashed interfaces that will run on any Version of PP2000/Diagbox that is available (Diagbox v5, v6 ,v7 etc)
but these are expensive
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in