Problems! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-11-15, 07:38 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Problems!

Ok so lastnight i pulled out my drive an drove around 200yards when it lost power came up with automatic braking system fault then power came back and the light stayed on my dash. I got to where i was going turned it off and on and it had cleared, maybe just a glitch?
Secondly its not really a problem i just never was told it ran on adblue not sure if thats my fault for not doing research on the car or the dealer for not telling me! Anyway i work on a farm and my tractor runs on adblue as does the lorrys we have and few other tractors too.. just wondering if i can put adblue in it my self instead of paying peugeot 10 to do something that i can do? Just wonderd where the tank was?

In all though it is a great car and i do love it lol
Crispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-15, 07:53 PM   #2

ABS stands for Advanced Braking with Steering, not automatic brake system.
Possibly an ABS sensor but getting it on diagbox would shed some light. Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-11-15, 08:02 PM   #3
Inactive User

No it didnt say abs hence why i said automatic braking system fault as thats what it said. As the light was on the dash as if you turned the autobraking system off in the car settings menu. But once i restarted the car the fault was cleared, but yeah told dealer that they can read the fault when its in for adblue. From what i gather the tank is under the car and to fill it up theres a pipe you disconnect and pull out under neath then let gravity pull the adblue to the tank, holds 10litres and its 20 to fill up and reset the onboard computer at dealer as if you just fill the tank your self you cant reset the computer without the peugeot software guessing its like the lexia tool for citroen.

Old 28-11-15, 09:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.
Adblue is a urea solution which is injected into the exhaust gasses to remove Nitrous Oxide, nothing to do with the Eolys fluid which lowers the burning temperature of the soot trapped in the PAF.
Old 29-11-15, 09:15 AM   #5
Inactive User

Yeah i know what adblue is as i use it at work in my tractor and lorrys etc dealer said that if you mix them together accidently you will cause alot of damage.
Old 29-11-15, 12:25 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Possibly an ABS sensor but getting it on diagbox would shed some light. Not sure where the Adblue tank is and can't say I know much about the system. I believe Peugeot started using this around 2013 so mine will likely have the eolys system.

Also pretty sure abs stands for anti lock braking system but hey what do i know
Old 29-11-15, 12:30 PM   #7

Anti lock braking system is correct but some cars do also have automatic braking systems not sure about newer peugeots whether they have it available or not.

You say car lost power if this is true then the system being shut down abbruptly is what caused the error display there is nothing wrong other than watever caused the power cut in the first place.
Old 29-11-15, 12:39 PM   #8

Don't know if it's the same on a 308 but on a 3008 the adblue tank filling point is under the spare wheel in the boot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 29-11-15 at 12:57 PM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-15, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
ABS = Anti-lock Braking System

1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-15, 06:02 PM   #10

These days ABS is commonly known as anti lock brakling system but when introduced it was Advanced braking with steering - meaning you still had full steering while braking allowing you to steer out of problems when braking hard.

Didn't know Peugeot employed this system and wasn't aware that it was in use and honestly don't think I would care for it myself. My apologies for my misunderstanding but I stand by my interpretation of the meaning of ABS.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in