Power problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-19, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Power problem

I not long ago purchased a 308 se 1.6 petrol auto

It ran fine for a week then a De Pollution Fault came up with a sudden loss of power.

I took it to the garage and they reset the fault codes as there were a number and said it could be them caught in the memory causing the fault notice.

It was ok for 4 days then the same fault again.

Took it back and there were two new codes.

Petrol mixture too weak and petrol mixture too rich..?

I won't lie I never noted down the actual fault codes. They said to try non supermarket fuel as I said I had been getting it through one of the major supermarkets.

So I filled up and no fault code has come of yet. However I got out the car today and noticed the fan was running however the temperature gauge was only half way.

Any ideas what is causing this as I reckon it's only a matter of time before another de pollution fault warning shows up.
aj2703 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-19, 02:44 PM   #2

Did you have air con switched on as the causes the cooling fan to run all the time on slow speed to keep air flow over the condenser

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-19, 02:45 PM   #3

Hi,

No the air con was not on...

Old 13-07-19, 02:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
I not long ago purchased a 308 se 1.6 petrol auto

It ran fine for a week then a De Pollution Fault came up with a sudden loss of power.

I took it to the garage and they reset the fault codes as there were a number and said it could be them caught in the memory causing the fault notice.

It was ok for 4 days then the same fault again.

Took it back and there were two new codes.

Petrol mixture too weak and petrol mixture too rich..?

I won't lie I never noted down the actual fault codes. They said to try non supermarket fuel as I said I had been getting it through one of the major supermarkets.

So I filled up and no fault code has come of yet. However I got out the car today and noticed the fan was running however the temperature gauge was only half way.

Any ideas what is causing this as I reckon it's only a matter of time before another de pollution fault warning shows up.
Could be a forced regen? That causes the fan to run.
Refstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-19, 02:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refstar View Post
Could be a forced regen? That causes the fan to run.
You don't have regens on petrol engines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-19, 02:48 PM   #6

I bit the bullet and took it for a Peugeot diagnostic yesterday.

Not happy.

It came back with a number of code errors and they wanted 2k to fix it lol. Needless to say I told them no.

I have attached the report to this post for you to all look at.

The guy from the garage who got the car for me from their workshop said to me that it's already showing an anti pollution fault. Well I was so hacked off that I just wanted out of there. I couldn't believe the car was showing this fault again after them supposedly resetting the codes so I got in and left.

I took it to another local garage with a good rep. They did a diagnostic free on the spot and it was coming up with a P0016 which I believe is a synchronisation fault between the camshaft and crankshaft. Totally new code that had never shown before.

The garage advised with the previous codes and what Peugeot had come up with the best course of action is to replace the camshaft chain etc with the a new kit. He did stress that even that is not a guarantee off success.

Their price is £550 compared to Peugeot's £1200. So I am going to bite the bullet and get it done in the hope it fixes the thing.

To say I am annoyed is an understatement.

Oh i should also say that apparently my car had a recall on it. Something to do with the turbo fuel..? They fixed that for nothing.

Also. when I drove off from the garage with the engine management light on after the pollution message again, this time it was not in limp mode. Full power was still there.?
Attached Thumbnails
11.jpg  
Old 13-07-19, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooi1uk View Post
You don't have regens on petrol engines.
My bad, of course - then why does he get a pollution light? Isnít that only Diesel engines?
Refstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-19, 03:03 PM   #8

The timing chain on these engines can stretch and with wear on the chain guides it can cause the chain to jump a tooth and put the timing out, so a new kit is then required.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13-07-19, 03:04 PM   #9

Quote:
My bad, of course - then why does he get a pollution light? Isnít that only Diesel engines?
It's petrol

I said de pollution but it's the pollution one for petrol engines. I guess you guys know what I mean here :-)
Old 13-07-19, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
That message just indicates that a fault is present and a diagnostic is required, it can be on both diesel and petrol engines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in