Power Loss, Anti Pollution Fault and White smoke Help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-13, 12:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Power Loss, Anti Pollution Fault and White smoke Help

Afternoon,

Was driving my 308 1.6 HDI 110 and the Anti Pollution fault popped up followed by Risk of particular filter blocking, then the car then lost all power. I pulled up and stopped/started the engine and the power came back but pollution fault still there.

Hooked up the car to PP2000 and found the following faults:

P0420 - Intermittent fault. particle filter particulate emission filter overloaded
P0234 - Intermittent fault. Turbo pressure regulation turbo pressure measured to high
P0234 - Permanent fault. Turbo pressure regulation turbo pressure measured to high.
* Engine speed - 1991 Rpm
* Turbo pressure - 2482 Mbars
* Turbo pressure reference value - 2199 Mbars
* Turbo electrovalve OCR 19 %
* Measured injected flow 46 Mg/impulse

Cleared the faults and tried to do a moving forced filter regen via PP2000 down the motorway but car was having non of it and the anti pollution light popped up and I lost all power again ... which is a great feeling on a motorway when the traffic is doing 70 and your car basically doesn't want to move. When limping back from the motorway and changing gear I could hear a air sucking sound under the bonnet. This lasted for a few gear changes then went away.

Then tried a stationary regen of the car at home. Car revved to 4000rpm and I started to smell burning which I attributed to the car burning of the soot.... then noticing white smoke from under my bonnet realised well its probably not soot in the FAP that burning so I cut the power to the car. Waited a couple of minutes and popped the bonnet and couldn't see anything burned. EDIT: Car cooling fan came on and stayed on for a good 10 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what's wrong with the car. Also for reference I can smell fumes in the car when the car is stationary and I don't have the air on circulate and I have noticed oil on the engine near the turbo.

Help is much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

Last edited by zerosignull; 02-04-13 at 01:40 PM.
zerosignull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-13, 04:26 PM   #2

What mileage? It could be that the DPF is just too blocked for the car to clear it via regeneration.
Old 03-04-13, 12:58 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
What mileage? It could be that the DPF is just too blocked for the car to clear it via regeneration.
It has been around the block a couple of times -166kMiles. Wouldn't have thought a bad FAP would account for the smoke from the under the bonnet?

Old 03-04-13, 01:03 PM   #4

It would if its getting really hot and burning of oil deposits etc due to being blocked and the exhaust flow is low

Or your turbo could be leaking oil into the FAP when under pressure making smoke
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-13, 06:56 PM   #5
Inactive User

Have been looking around the internet and the smell in the cabin is sort of common on the HDI 1.6 engines when the injector seals go. More information on this forum 1.6HDi Turbo Failure (again) . If you look at the image I osted above you can see the two injectors on the left plastered in oil and diesel.

Turbo loss according to Peugeot may be down the the solenoid which needs replacing or cleaning and may be causing the high pressure in the turbo issue and the anti pollution fault.

Oil by the turbo looks like its down to some muppet not replacing the oil pickup pipe correctly. Comparing what I have to a new part i've noticed that the bolts used in connecting the one side isn't a genuine bolt and is a torx screw.

Last edited by zerosignull; 05-04-13 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-04-13, 08:23 PM   #6
davidireland

Not recommended to do a forced regen on this engine with that mileage. You're lucky it didn't blow up.
Check the shaft of the turbo also. Post back finding.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-13, 12:03 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Not recommended to do a forced regen on this engine with that mileage. You're lucky it didn't blow up.
Check the shaft of the turbo also. Post back finding.
Which bit is the shaft on the turbo?

Peugeot had the car in for inspection after the above fun with regens and noticed the turbo electronic solenoid needs replacing and a leak from the "turbo hard plastic pipe". No mention of issues with the shaft.
Old 07-04-13, 01:24 PM   #8
davidireland

Ok. Thats ok so. Have you replaced the pipe and the solenoid then?
Old 07-04-13, 01:49 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Ok. Thats ok so. Have you replaced the pipe and the solenoid then?
No not yet, inspection was only done Friday 05/04/13.

Any idea what they mean by the hard plastic pipe? Don't want to state the obvious but in the pictures posted above is it the pipe that's got the orange seal on it? That's the only hard plastic pipe I can see and I thought that is purely for air and not oil?

I was reading another post you posted on a few weeks ago about the turbo solenoid on a 307 HDI 1.6. I assume it's in the same place on the 308 1.6 HDI and needs the car to be lifted up as is on the bottom of the engine?
Old 07-04-13, 03:23 PM   #10
davidireland

It all depends on which one the garage told you was at fault to be honest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in