Possible Starter/Fuel Filter/Keyfob Issue (Anti Theft Faulty) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-18, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Possible Starter/Fuel Filter/Keyfob Issue (Anti Theft Faulty)

Hi guys, new here been doing a lot of research about a problem I am having with my 308. First of all before I get into anything I had previously lost my key and had a new one made through the AA, they said they had programmed the new key and all others will not work. Now as for the issue, I'll start from the begging. So I went to start my car and all I could here was a click (the starter was playing up for the last week) as the starter had completely seized, I then got a friend to open it up and have a little look at he confirmed the starter was completely finished beyond repair, about three weeks later I took it to the garage and replaced the starter along with a radiator (radiator wasn't really an issue just got it changed cause it was leaking every now and then), now this is where the problem begins.

The new key that the AA had made for me is no where to be seen, I have totally lost it however I somehow miraculously found the old one?? Now when we try to start the car all I hear is the engine turning over but not starting. Also when all the windows are closed and no sound is present I can't hear the diesel moving through the passenger side into the filter however I have half a tank in the car and the fuel filter has been primed and all set up correctly.

So my question is, is my car not starting because of the key or could it be a problem caused while the starter was being changed? I'm totally clueless at the moment and a replacement key was quoted between 150 to 300.

Any help would be appreciated!
rozayhash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-18, 10:45 PM   #2

Key wont start the car as when the new key was coded the old ones are scrubbed it needs recoded to the car simple fix
Old 13-04-18, 04:39 AM   #3

Thank you friend! I actually got a new key made and re-programmed, apparently there's some sort of of signal that comes out of the correctly programmed remote that allows the fuel to pump through the car. Its all been sorted now!
rozayhash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-04-18, 08:32 PM   #4

Thats not quite correct the car and key are matched and whoever made your new key could have programmed ALL the keys in so they would all work again

Its not the remote that unlocks the immobiliser to allow fuel to flow its the transponder

The remote ONLY locks/unlocks the car.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in