Peugeot 308 remote key fob - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-18, 11:48 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 308 remote key fob

Hi

I would like to know a bit more about key fobs. I just got a 2013 Pug 308, 1.6 HDI, 4C, 92 Bhp.
It only comes with one key.
I had before a Pug 207, until someone come to the side of it with 2 keys. So the car was scrapped and I kept the spare key.
I looked on ebay for spare key, as I had the software to program it. There is where is the confusion.
In the general forum I found about ASK (P/N 31300248-9D), that my old 207 key is.
I checked my 308 key and the details are different. E33C1002, 1293 94V, 5212 Fuba 1 (Or Tuba1).
But if you look on ebay they sell the old 207 key for 308s too.
Any locksmiths or experts on the key fobs who can answer me the question?
Are 207 and 307 sharing keys? or Peugeot around 2013 changed the keys?

Thanks in Advance.
Attached Thumbnails
1284.jpg  
greekstalion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-11-18, 07:48 AM   #2

You cannot reprogramme a Peugeot key to another car. Once a new key is programmed, it is only usable on the original car.

Some Peugeot models had a technology change during the car's production, which is why you will find different keys for the same model. Because the different factories did not change over on precisely the same date, the only way to be sure which key is required is to match the key you have, or find the Peugeot part number from the VIN.

Do not rely on information provided by Ebay sellers.

Last edited by IanML; 25-11-18 at 07:55 AM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-12-18, 12:05 PM   #3

Default New Key

Hi Guys

I have got a new key, Remote Key Fob 434MHZ PCF7941 Chip 2-Button HU83 Blade For Peugeot Citroen, CE0523. The one with the battery on the transponder panel.
I have programmed the 2 keys, old and new with DIAG and it worked fine as to start the engine.
Then both keys started the engine but did not lock/unlock the doors. I follow the instructions:
Put in ignition, turn to + (not start engine), wait 10sec, press the lock button etc... for both keys.
I also started the programming of the keys again, DIAG say 2 keys programmed.
The old key start working and lock/unlock the doors.
New key start the engine, but not lock/unlock the doors.

Can someone confirm if this is the correct key for Peugeot 308, 2013 Year, 1.6 HDI?

Any advise?
Thanks

Last edited by greekstalion; 16-12-18 at 12:15 PM. Reason: missing info

Old 16-12-18, 01:03 PM   #4

As I previously told you, you cannot determine the correct key from the year. If you quote the last eight digits of your VIN, we can look up the correct Peugeot part number.
Old 16-12-18, 03:18 PM   #5

Default Ds049332

Ds049332

DS049332
Old 16-12-18, 05:01 PM   #6

Peugeot Part No 16 069 948 80
Old 03-01-19, 06:08 PM   #7

Default New Key done easy and cheap

Hi

Just to let you know my progress. Thanks to Ian, who provide the part number of the key for my car I have sorted out a second key for under 15 pounds including the blade cutting.
The first key that I ordered had the correct immobiliser chip but the wrong frequency chip. It costed me 20 to cut the blade.
It took me over 2 weeks to work out the correct combination for the key using the part number. But after that I was able to order a new key (case, blade and board) for 8 and the same seller was offering blade cutting for 3.20.
Then I seen another seller at Aliexpress that had the same board on 2 different versions. ASK and FSK. So I ordered one of these for 8 and arrived today.
Configured in the car and is working perfect including the fob opening and closing the car.

When I start this thread it was because I could not understand how the remotes work. So below (an IDIOT's guide, like me ) of what I learned with the help of members here, like IAN, and what I found from Google and what I took the bite and tried my self.

In my case there are few combinations for 308 keys:

1) C0523 (with the battery on the board, mine) or
C0536 (the battery in the plastic Key case)
2) HU83 blade with the groove on the side, or
VA2 blade with no groove
4) Immobiliser Chip, in my case ID46
5) Frequency chip, FSK (in my Case), or
ASK for other models, for remote opening/closing
the doors.
That was the one I could not find in the forums. But with the part number that Ian provided I confirmed at one of the websites that was providing the key for 80.
Seller "jingyuqin" at AliExpress, provides key cutting from a picture, you dont even need the code(but you need the code to configure the key), for 3.20. But he does not have the FSK I needed.
"QCONTROL 2 Buttons Car Remote Key Fit for PEUGEOT 207 307 308 407 807 Expert Partner CC SW (CE0523 ASK/FSK, HU83)" has the correct key but they dont do key cutting service.
Also "Car Remote Key PCB 433MHz ID46 chip for PEUGEOT and Citroen (CE0523 ASK/FSK)" provide the board only.

If anybody needs help to get a new key they can ask me and I maybe be able to help.
Old 23-01-19, 03:44 AM   #8

Hello.

I'm looking for a replacement remote key for a 05/2008 Peugeot 308 SW.
The key has 3 buttons, CE0536 shell and HU83 blade.
The electronics are made by Eurocir.
PCI 29 | 31300226-8C - is this a part number?

How can I find out if the signal modulation I need is FSK or ASK?
lionhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-19, 07:23 AM   #9

If you look up the Peugeot part no on Service Box (or post the last eight of your VIN), that will enable the correct key to be identified.

A car locksmith should be able to do that, and provide the key, plus programming it. Whatever you do, do not buy a 2nd hand key. Peugeot keys, once programmed, cannot be reprogrammed to another car.
Old 23-01-19, 09:34 AM   #10

Default Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhead View Post
Hello.

I'm looking for a replacement remote key for a 05/2008 Peugeot 308 SW.
The key has 3 buttons, CE0536 shell and HU83 blade.
The electronics are made by Eurocir.
PCI 29 | 31300226-8C - is this a part number?

How can I find out if the signal modulation I need is FSK or ASK?
Check in the beginning of the post, IANML has helped me, I had to give him my VIN number. He gave me the part number.
Then after searching for 2 weeks, I manage to find a site that was giving the FSK part.
Easier way is get one key from Aliexpress, and then if it does not working then you can get just the board. Is one person that offers key cutting service from a picture for 3.21. I had to pay 20 just for key cut in UK.
If I was you I would get the FSK first.
You looking that a UK locksmith would charge you 110-180 for a key cut and configured.
Alliexpres, you get a key for 15 with cut blade, and if the FSK/ASK part in not right, then you get the board only for 8.
So you have a key for about 20-25 instead of 100s. But you need to have the software and cable to configure the new key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in