Peugeot 308 new AUX is not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-16, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Peugeot 308 new AUX is not working

Hi

i have Peugeot 308 2010 and i bought aux cable from Aliexpress and i opened the stereo and added the cable, but nothing happened there , i just cant find the aux source, all the sources are in the stereo are still the same.

i have read somewhere that in some cars the aux port must be activated/enabled in the company or somewhere somehow first. so i was wondering if that's what i have to do or there's some other problem( I searched everything in the options i don't have any option like this) .

thanks,
nourzek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-02-16, 06:22 PM   #2

Hi
You need to activate the AUX 1 or AUX 2 port with Planet Peugeot 2000 to be able to select this as a source.
zoomug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-02-16, 08:15 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomug View Post
Hi
You need to activate the AUX 1 or AUX 2 port with Planet Peugeot 2000 to be able to select this as a source.
Thanks for that but can you please explain a little bit for me what peugeot planet 2000 is and how to do that ?
Is it something that i can do with my own or i need a tech' to do that for me?

Old 23-02-16, 09:57 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nourzek View Post
Hi

i have Peugeot 308 2010 and i bought aux cable from Aliexpress and i opened the stereo and added the cable, but nothing happened there , i just cant find the aux source, all the sources are in the stereo are still the same.

i have read somewhere that in some cars the aux port must be activated/enabled in the company or somewhere somehow first. so i was wondering if that's what i have to do or there's some other problem( I searched everything in the options i don't have any option like this) .

thanks,
Hi not sure if you radio is the same as mine but can't you cycle the source from the menu button
stro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-02-16, 10:08 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post
Quote:
Hi

thanks,
Hi not sure if you radio is the same as mine but can't you cycle the source from the menu button
I wish it was that simple mate.
Thanks anyway.
Old 25-02-16, 12:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for that but can you please explain a little bit for me what peugeot planet 2000 is and how to do that ?
Is it something that i can do with my own or i need a tech' to do that for me?
PP2000 is a software that is used by the main dealer tolock/umlock certain features in your car.

You could purchase a copy one from Aliexpress and other places, or you cold get in touch with someone on here who has PP already and can do the work for you.

There is a link somewhere with the map to people who have the software and are willing to work on cars.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ap-based-7552/

Where are you located?
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-02-16, 05:12 AM   #7
Inactive User

Hi. Thank you all for your help but i have everything done.
I went to the peugeot company, paid about 50$ to activate the aux port and its working.
Thanks again for the info.
Old 01-03-16, 12:47 AM   #8

Actually...the solution is very simple. Happened to me, and I have managed to find out why AUX could not be detected

This is because it is "by default" set to OFF. One has to go to the Radio, press the blue box with right arrow (means more options), which will get one in the Media Settings, tap on Settings, then tap on Media, slide the bar from Off to Low or High, and the AUX will now detect any audio input from MP3 player etc.
Leapin_Toufu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-16, 03:46 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapin_Toufu View Post
Actually...the solution is very simple. Happened to me, and I have managed to find out why AUX could not be detected

This is because it is "by default" set to OFF. One has to go to the Radio, press the blue box with right arrow (means more options), which will get one in the Media Settings, tap on Settings, then tap on Media, slide the bar from Off to Low or High, and the AUX will now detect any audio input from MP3 player etc.
Hopefully Nourzek's dealer didn't do just that and charged him $50.
Old 24-03-16, 09:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapin_Toufu View Post

That may be the case IF aux had been a factory fitted option but seeing as he had to fit his own aftermarket cable it is highly probable that the aux source option wasn't factory enabled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in