Peugeot 308 depollution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-18, 09:05 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 308 depollution fault

Was hoping someone could help me with my 308 1.6ltr turbo. Every cold start comes up with a depollution fault and goes into limp mode. Been at my mechanic who’s never let me down before but can’t find the issue. Found fuel pressure bit low so changed low pressure fuel pump, changed 4 coils, sent off injectors to be tested and cleaned and are all ok. Also found a lot of engine sludge and used some cleaner to remove it and manually cleaned it up pretty good as well. Still comes up with depollution fault??? Now he is thinking high pressure pump as well. Apparently cold start the fuel pressure should be 5000kpa but is around 4600kpa. Is that low enough to cause the fault or is it something totally different? Cars only done 108,000kms and serviced every 10,000. Any help would be appreciated.
Platinum73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-18, 10:28 AM   #2

Hi...i've moved your thread to the '308' forum but you did'nt mention the year...you will get specific answers here...but let me know if the year is wrong...welcome btw..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-18, 03:55 PM   #3

Depollution/antipollution fault is not an actual fault it is a message telling you something is wrong that MAY cause pollution.

If your talking THP type engine there are many reasons for this its not always a fuel issue it can also be a airflow issue low boost etc or a timing issue they are complicated engines with many potential issues you need someone who KNOWS the engines.

Old 20-10-18, 08:24 PM   #4

Default Peugeot 308 anti pollution fault

Sorry its a 2009 model.
Old 20-10-18, 08:30 PM   #5

Hi...thanks for the message...your now in the right sub forum..good luck with your problem

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-18, 09:35 AM   #6

You need to find someone with peugeot planet near you who can read the code for you and then take it from there.

By saying about km and not miles, I assume you are not in the UK?
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-18, 10:01 AM   #7

No not in the UK from Australia pal. Peugeots not so popular down here mechanics bit unsure on how to diagnose this issue. Apparently got the best diagnostic tools but codes tell you a misfire fault not specifically whats causing it. Bloody frustrating 🤬🤬🤬
Old 25-10-18, 09:26 PM   #8

You can buy the peugeot planet software and cables from the internet yourself as long as you have a laptop to install it on.

Then you can read the codes better.

Problem with non peugeot code readers is that they give you a generic meaning and wouldn't necessarily make sense.

I assume when the depolution message comes up, the engine management light also comes on? The orange engine light in the dash? Does it stay on?

WHat happens once the engine is up to temperature. If you turn it off and back on, does the light go out and no message comes up and car runs ok?
Old 25-10-18, 10:07 PM   #9

Default Peugeot 308 Anti pollution fault

Hi Nariman, when the engine is cold and you start it runs rough as guts then anti pollution message pops up and car goes intonlimp mode. If i turn off the engine and start her up again runs fine??? I do have a laptop car currently still at mechanics has them baffled
Old 26-10-18, 01:38 PM   #10

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP2000-Le....c100005.m1851
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in