Peugeot 308 2008 1.6 HDI - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-15, 01:18 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 308 2008 1.6 HDI

Hi guys, hope your well.

I have recently purchased a 308 2008 1.6 HDI 90bhp version. Great Car.

However, 1 of the front head light has gone, therefore I was thinking of replacing the current halogen head lamps to HID.

I would be changing the fog lights too some HID fog lamps also, as I want the head & fog lamps to be matching.

Therefore, can someone please tell me what are the correct fitment for the head & fog lights??

1: head lights = H7?

2: Fog lights = ????

Lastly, if anyone has HID fitted to their 08 308, did you purchase the canbus error free type HID kit or canbus is not required?

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards

Yeezy
Yeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-15, 11:33 PM   #2
Inactive User

The 308's I have seen I thought had reflector lights not projector which means you would need h7r lights not h7, tho I wouldn't recommend hid's at all however with reflectors as even with the h7r bulbs as they still throw light all over.
jazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 12:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzi View Post
The 308's I have seen I thought had reflector lights not projector which means you would need h7r lights not h7, tho I wouldn't recommend hid's at all however with reflectors as even with the h7r bulbs as they still throw light all over.
Thank buddy. I will have to do a bit more research before purchasing.

Would you know what fitment are the fog lights any chance for the 2008 308?
Yeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-15, 08:47 AM   #4
Inactive User

Im afraid not as i dont own one, just know the lights from a family members car. Hid fogs can be handy if u live somewhere rural, but as it rarely gets foggy in towns they wouldnt get used much if you live in a more built up area. I had hid fogs in my 57plate vectra, and my vxr will have them soon, but thats only because i show the cars and they look great on show. For actual driving if you hid dipped beams you wouldnt need the fogs
jazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 09:27 AM   #5

Hi Yeezy, if you're based in the UK then installing HID headlights may make your vehicle unfit for road use.
You may also have to advise your insurer as it will be seen as a modification.

The Philips WhiteVision are extremely good. http://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-li/Whitevision.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-nqj9-IBhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZKkfd42Ok

I had them fitted in the dipped beam side of my 2008. If I had kept the car then I would have definitely upgraded the main beam also.

Al.

PS: Just found this info:

3. Are HID Conversion kits road legal?

Unfortunately no aftermarket HID kit is strictly road legal as you are changing the lighting system (halogen to Gas discharge) in your car and for this reason the bulbs can't be E marked which is a legal requirement. You also won't have the self levelling and washer systems installed which is also a legal requirement for HID, therefore all aftermarket HID kits are sold as off road use only.

Last edited by allan40alt; 02-10-15 at 09:44 AM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 12:37 PM   #6

Hi Yeezy, I've just entered details for a 308 2008 and it's showing H7 for the Dipped Beam and H1 for the Main Beam....providing I entered the correct details.

Front fog are shown as H8.

These H8 LEDs get very good reviews and should match nicely with the WhiteVision:

H8 28 LED Foglight Bulb Ultra Bright (single or pair) High Power

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H8-...ulb_search=car

Verify your correct fitment before ordering. It should show the bulb type in your manual or give your dealer a ring if you are unsure.

You may find similar LEDs/Bulbs from Amazon or ebay

Good luck, Al.

PS: Check whether your foglights are horizontal or vertical fitting as these look quite long at 65mm so make sure they will fit!!

You may find these will fit better: http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H8-...ulb_search=car as they are 55mm long but they are not 360deg.

PPS: You may also want to check whether after-market LEDs in front fog lights are legal. I know that last time I checked they were only for off-road use.
Some modern cars do have LED front fog lights but they also have a lens and reflector designed for LEDs.

Last edited by allan40alt; 03-10-15 at 07:42 AM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-15, 08:30 AM   #7
Inactive User

I have a 2008 308 fitted with H7rc HIDs and adjusted to correct hight I don't get any blinks from other cars. Earlier I used just H7 and they threw light all over the place but the H7rc bulbs have a much more distinct cut off.

Is it possible to convert halogen to original HID lights by replacing the lights all together?
Gurba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in