Passenger window strange problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-16, 10:04 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Passenger window strange problem

Hi guys strange one on the wife's 308cc passenger window have had a look on the forum but can't find anything like this????
It goes down and hold or up only in small bursts so if I press down it goes down about 2cms if I then press up it goes up about 2cms i get the same response if I try it on the drivers side buttons all other windows are working perfectly any help on this would be appreciated thanks

Last edited by Dazzler3693; 07-02-16 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added model
Dazzler3693 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-16, 01:20 PM   #2

Sounds like it needs the limits reprogramming.

Fully lower the window then press and hold the down button for 10 seconds. Now fully raise the window and pull the button up and hold for 10 seconds. Hopefully the one shot open / close will work again. If it doesn't it may be the glass is dragging in the channel and the anti pinch safety is kicking in. Fully open the window and spray some kind of silicone lubricant into the side channels and fully open / close the window a few times.
It's a bit of a pain but it worked fine on both my 307's that had a similar issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-16, 01:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Sounds like it needs the limits reprogramming.

Fully lower the window then press and hold the down button for 10 seconds. Now fully raise the window and pull the button up and hold for 10 seconds. Hopefully the one shot open / close will work again. If it doesn't it may be the glass is dragging in the channel and the anti pinch safety is kicking in. Fully open the window and spray some kind of silicone lubricant into the side channels and fully open / close the window a few times.
It's a bit of a pain but it worked fine on both my 307's that had a similar issue.
Thanks it as I said it's not to do with the 1 touch it only works in short bursts whether you use the 1 touch or not???

Old 07-02-16, 01:43 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler3693 View Post
Thanks it as I said it's not to do with the 1 touch it only works in short bursts whether you use the 1 touch or not???
Also anti pinch is not working as I put my hand in put the window up
Old 07-02-16, 02:40 PM   #5

Doesn't matter whether you use one touch or not. If it's lost it's limits then it will only move up or down in small amounts and take several attempts to fully lower or raise the window.

Have you tried what I suggested? You have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Takes but a few minutes and if it doesn't work then it can be discounted and all you will have lost is a couple of minutes.

Like I said, I've had two cars that did this and my suggestion cured both. Makes no difference that my two cars were 307's - the electrical system is the same on the 308 as the 307.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-16, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Doesn't matter whether you use one touch or not. If it's lost it's limits then it will only move up or down in small amounts and take several attempts to fully lower or raise the window.

Have you tried what I suggested? You have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Takes but a few minutes and if it doesn't work then it can be discounted and all you will have lost is a couple of minutes.

Like I said, I've had two cars that did this and my suggestion cured both. Makes no difference that my two cars were 307's - the electrical system is the same on the 308 as the 307.
No didn't make any difference to get it to go down I had to push the button down then release about 15 times then at the bottom I held it down for 10 seconds then to get it back up again I had to pull the button up and release then tap the button down then up then down to get it to go all the way up then I held for 10 secs but no difference at all anyone else have any suggestions???
Old 12-02-16, 06:32 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Quote:
No didn't make any difference to get it to go down I had to push the button down then release about 15 times then at the bottom I held it down for 10 seconds then to get it back up again I had to pull the button up and release then tap the button down then up then down to get it to go all the way up then I held for 10 secs but no difference at all anyone else have any suggestions???
For everyone's information if you have this problem it is a new motor you require problem diagnosed and fixed by the stealer today hopefully this will help someone in the future without having to waste there hard earned cash going to the stealer for this information and repair!!! First time in this forum and I am shocked no one was able to diagnose this fault for me according to the stealer it is a common fault
Old 12-02-16, 08:56 PM   #8
Jes
Inactive User

Quote:
For everyone's information if you have this problem it is a new motor you require problem diagnosed and fixed by the stealer today hopefully this will help someone in the future without having to waste there hard earned cash going to the stealer for this information and repair!!! First time in this forum and I am shocked no one was able to diagnose this fault for me according to the stealer it is a common fault
Get real mate, people are trying to help you here and you act as if you're owed something.

I look forward to your worthy contributions to what is a communities concept, not a limitless free pool of wisdom for your angry sorry ass.
storeman likes this.
Old 13-02-16, 07:11 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Get real mate, people are trying to help you here and you act as if you're owed something.

I look forward to your worthy contributions to what is a communities concept, not a limitless free pool of wisdom for your angry sorry ass.
Sorry you feel like that keyboard warrior but I will and am just trying to help other people that might have the same problem 😃
Old 13-02-16, 07:19 AM   #10
Jes
Inactive User

Then why didn't you just do that and leave out the poke at the forum?

If you're going to back pedal do a decent job of it and apologise for your unneccesary remark.
storeman likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in