Peugeot Forums banner

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low

16K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sigge01 
#1 ·
So I put my engine on this morning and my management light came on. I checked the code and it was P0087. I did not realise i had an issue as I put the car on and left it for 5 minutes as it was freezing last night. It was only when I got on the main road and put my foot to accelerate that i noticed the car was struggling to go over 30mph. I restarted the car and it drove a bit better but the light was still on.

I used my tool kit to clear the code after I found out what it was and the car drove fine again. Does this sound like something is not right with the fuel sensor? As i have had other codes for misfiring cylinders before as stated in my other post.

Anyone has had any experience and what did you end up doing for it to work?

I have been driving the car quite a lot the last few days on carriageways and highways and it has been very smooth and driving perfectly. It seems to happen quite often after a freezing night parked up or maybe it is just a coincidence. I have a feeling I have an issue with something to do with the Fuel system.

Really would love to know if there are any local members that have the proper diagnosis kit!!

See less See more
#4 ·
sorry! It is a 308 SE (2008) 1.6 petrol Auto
The faultcode is generated most of the time when the highpressure fuelpump is the problem. If you have a code reader that can read the pressures in realtime you can check the fuelpressure first with ignition on it will be around 4,5 bar start the engine the pressure should go up to around 50 bar in a few seconds if not the highpressure fuelpump is probably not ok and needs to be changed.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.