Oil Filter issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryK5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-17, 01:46 PM   #1

Cool Oil Filter issue

Had my GT Line serviced 2 months ago at a Peugeot dealer and yesterday the low oil warning message came up on dash along with the service light. This surprised me abit as up until then my car had never really used any oil so upon checking the dipstick, indeed the level was halfway from end of the dipstick to the minimum level mark. Luckily I had some top up oil which brought it back up to just over the minimum. I called Peugeot who asked me to bring it in this morning and as I got in the car this morning to drive to them, again I had the low oil level message and the service light pop up to. I checked level again and again it was near to the end of the dipstick so lost the litre I hap put in yesterday! Now there has been oil stains left on the drive but I put this down to my sons old car as he has been working on it the last few weeks but I stuck my arm under the car and it came back out covered in oil from the undertray and surrounding area.
Got it to Peugeot and it turns out the oil filter had come loose! They tightened it but it still leaked after running for a few minutes. Apparently there was a known issue with some filters leaking but they not heard of one becoming loose. Have got a new filter on now and new oil in the car but just a heads up to check your oil level every week and if it starts to drop check for any oil stains etc under the car as if there is then the culprit is probably the filter. Any one else had this happen to them at all - I've never had an oil filter work loose before!

Also whilst I was there I was told there is a recall on my car regards the top tensioner pulley for the auxiliary belt. Peugeot now have a TSB regards this and they have to be checked and changed if necessary. I was told that some can become worn and fail damaging the belt in the process. They change the pulley and replace the belt as part of the procedure.
ShereKhan likes this.

Last edited by GaryK5; 27-05-17 at 01:48 PM.
GaryK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-05-17, 06:12 PM   #2

Sounds like a untrained tech had maybe worked on the oil filter. Good that they picked up the TSB. I have topped up my oil once. Was surprised to see oil light come on but it did just a few weeks before service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in