Now you see me !!! Now you don't !! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tiptronic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-11, 02:16 PM   #1
Inactive User

Angry Now you see me !!! Now you don't !!

Well !! after picking up my used 58 308 140 Automatic , 24 hours later its back at the dealers!!!! I took it for a 40 mile run round to check it all out & show my Mrs how good it was ????After a coffee stop , we set off again complete with engine management light glowing & exclamation alert on small screen . No probs driving home , all seemed fine . Got home & checked pute . apart from De pollution alert I also got No Dipped beam .Anyway straight back to the dealer 9am today. They gave me brand new jack ( missing on delivery) said they will see to dipped beam BUT!! they couldn't do engine this am.The tech said it was throwing up timing slip & it would take longer to attend to it. Not a very good start all round . However for my troubles I have got a brand new ( only 16 miles on clock) loaner 1.6 Diesel 308 Active 6 speed manual , with stop start. A feature that confused me at the first set of lights!!No matter!! they wont get their nice new 308 back until I am 100% happy with my purchase. I also told them I cant put up with the banging , sqeeking & rattleing around the boot area ( sound like a 10 year old banger. ) It didnt do it on test drive --so it shouldn't do it now ??? I'll keep you posted.
Advertisement

Old 16-10-11, 09:27 AM   #2
chopper1192

Well, at least you got a loaner to keep you going, but it's not good they let a used car out the door without spotting a missing jack, never mind all the running faults.

Keep us posted y'all hear!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-10-11, 11:05 AM   #3
Inactive User

The saga continues !!! I have had my 308 for 6 days now , but it has only been on my drive for 12 hours ,they took it in for glowing engine light & worked out it was a timing fault. The tech phoned me & said it was a chain guide that had cracked & was throwing the chain out of kilter. They didnt have the part & would order one for fixing the next day . Today I got another call stating that they couldn't put it back together , as the warranty company engineer wanted to investigate & have a look. Just got another phone call , this time from the warranty company , asking details of how it happened. I'have to be honest I need concrete guarantees that this car will be perfect on me getting it back , or I shall be rejecting it under the " Sales of Goods Act " & asking for my Dodge Avenger back & Balance. I'm afraid , I wont tolerate shoddy workmanship or an incompetent dealer. Having spent many years, off & on , within the motor trade in various capacities , I think they are going to find me a tough customer to deal with!!!!!!

Old 19-10-11, 08:13 PM   #4
Inactive User

Continuation of the sad tale.... Dealer phoned....." We are just putting your car back together....you can probably have it back TOMMOROW" ???? Doh..!!!!!
Old 19-10-11, 08:36 PM   #5
chopper1192

Lets hope they do a sterling job on it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-10-11, 06:50 PM   #6
Inactive User

Wow !! got my 308 back this PM. New timing chain guides, new dip bulb , new hatch lock.( new hatch lock eliminates rattles & squeaks). Full valet in & out , pute re-flash with updates .-------Result , no engine management light ( Depollution) , smooth pulling engine with no lumpy tickover, Auto box changes up & down smoothly , only minor everyday rattles & squeaks from back end . Car transformed from what I took delivery of 6 days ago!!BUT!!! why could't they have handed over the car too me 6 days ago like this --& save us all some grief????
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in