No heating after new thermostat installed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-19, 03:41 PM   #1

Default No heating after new thermostat installed

Hello all

I have no heat in my car even after installing a brand new thermostat unit (item FTK481)

I was then told it had an air lock.the system was drained,refilled and all attempts to bleed the car by the mechanic failed.he then told me he scanned the car and there was a code showing it needed a new part related to the heating but i cant remember which part and he wont pick up the phone now for me to get it fixed or for him to even tell me which part it was so i can get it done elsewhere.he's also not working for the same garage anymore!

Does any body have any ideas what part he meant? he told me the part was no more than 10 to buy and very straight forward to fit so im guessing its some sort of sensor

Any help greatly appreciated
Mrkage89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-19, 04:27 PM   #2

Sounds to me like he is a cowboy !

Its not hard to bleed system but needs done properly i recon its still got an airlock BUT that depends on if you had a heater BEFORE the thermostat got changed.
Old 01-04-19, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply.I changed the thermostat because i had no heat.i took it to two mechanics who told me it was most likely that but they were way to expensive so i took it to this guy who had a good rep and a very fair price so i dont know why he's done a runner unless he has personal issues going on

I watched him change the thermostat and he attempted to bleed the system for a solid hour and no luck.when he scanned the car he said its showing a 'something' sensor fault and i can't for the life of me remember the sensor name.i was under the impression all the sensors for heating were inside the complete thermostat unit i had replaced

Old 01-04-19, 06:03 PM   #4

did he bleed it at the bulkhead as most models have a bleed point there as its a common place for airlocks and the bleed point is not obvious unless you look for it
Old 01-04-19, 07:35 PM   #5

I think so as he was in quite deep into the car turning something with a screwdriver close to the passenger side of the car? I was around the other side so couldn't see clearly.sorry i can't be more descriptive
Old 01-04-19, 07:50 PM   #6

Peugeot state that bleeding the system requires the fitting of a "filling cylinder" onto the expansion chamber, to increase the pressure in the system. Without that, it is sometimes possible (depending on model) the unship the expansion chamber, and raise it as far as the connecting hose will permit, to get the same effect.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-19, 08:43 PM   #7

There really is no need for filling cylinders etc as i already said its not as hard to bleed as some make out but some people do seem to struggle.if you had no heat before thermostat was changed i doubt it is your real issue it may well be bled fine.

If there is air in it it will generally self bleed while driving anyway.

What does your temp gauge say both before and after thermostat change ?
Old 01-04-19, 08:52 PM   #8

I recently had no heat, I replaced the heater matrix behind the console on the passenger side and after 3 drains of the system finally got piping hot. (could of been the matrix, or just an air lock to start with )

there are 2 hoses going in to the cabin at the back of the engine bay on the passenger side (behind the battery), these go in and out to the heater matrix. the top hose has the bleed valve on (based on my Peugeot 308 1.6 petrol).

you can just about get to it but easier if you remove the air flow box and pipe.
Slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-19, 10:20 PM   #9

Thanks again for your replies

i had the car in january and the temp gauge to me has always been quite consistent.

my two original mechanics that had a look said the thermostat needed changing based on the temp gauge getting half way (where it should be) and then dropping a bit when idle which indicates the car is running a bit cold (stuck thermostat)

it does drop a bit when driving on fast roads to but im sure thats normal.

since having the new thermostat installed and still no heat i haven't paid attention to the temp gauge to still see if its dropping so il start monitoring that.could it be possible that he wasn't flushing the vehicle correctly?
Old 01-04-19, 10:30 PM   #10

I also forgot to mention it was on the 23rd feb the thermostat unit/housing was changed and car bled to no avail.

iv done at least 1000 miles since then and still no heat

what i find weird is he told me he got it a bit warmer when bleeding the system then for some reason plugged it in and read a code that told him its a sensor issue and iv not heard from him since? Im baffled lol

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in