New to the world of cars! Please Help :( - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-18, 09:41 AM   #1

Default New to the world of cars! Please Help :(

Hey guys, I have been browsing around for the last 2 weeks and decided that it is best to join and get answers from people that have experience.

Quick back story: New to driving, just passed in November and got my first car last month. I got a Peugeot (2008) 308 SE 1.6 Automatic from a Dealer in Peterborough. Unfortunately a day after i bought the car the management light came on saying "Depollution System Faulty". This disappeared on its own the same day and the light too. I tried to get the dealer to take the car back and recheck everything but he was being difficult. This issue happened again last week and I tried to contact them again but apparently they have now dissolved and won't get a reply off them. The issue went on its own again and the car was driving perfectly fine.

Two days ago my left rear indicator light stopped working so I bought a new bulb and changed it. Worked fine... the day after the same message and managment light came on. The same indicator worked for around 10 seconds than all the left rear lights stopped working now.

I used a diagnosis machine that I got off amazon and got these three codes:

P1338, P1340 and P1336.

Now obviously I am trying to avoid taking it in and spending so much on it aleady as I just bought it last month but I think it is obvious that I was screwed over by a deal.. so might have to suck it up and take it in (((

Any advise from people who had the same issues? Is it somethig I can fix myself (more like my father in law he knows more about cars in general).

Thanks all
Raybateman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-18, 06:11 PM   #2

The Rear indicator is a fault with the earth do a search on here and you will find the fix its easy to for you or father in law,

next up your really better off getting the car on a Peugeot diagnostic computer as some of the basic ones will have you swaping bits after bits least with the Peugeot one you get live data more info on the fault ect.

ask to see if anyone here is in your area most will help out for a few beer vouchers.

P1338, P1340 is a Ignition Coil fault maybe coil pack spark fuse am not clued up on petrol cars

P1336 Crank / Cam Sensor fault

your better trying to get the computer on to see more info
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-02-18, 06:51 PM   #3

Default Thanks

Thanks mate, I actually looked up a week or so ago but can not see anyone near or in the Cambridgeshire area? Unless I've searched wrong... If you direct me to where I can ask I would be very grateful.

With regards to the rear lights, my father in law managed to fix it but we also think it is the earth wire. However, the main connection plug from the car to the light circuit seems a bit knackered so I bought a new one to replace it and see if it works better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
The Rear indicator is a fault with the earth do a search on here and you will find the fix its easy to for you or father in law,

next up your really better off getting the car on a Peugeot diagnostic computer as some of the basic ones will have you swaping bits after bits least with the Peugeot one you get live data more info on the fault ect.

ask to see if anyone here is in your area most will help out for a few beer vouchers.

P1338, P1340 is a Ignition Coil fault maybe coil pack spark fuse am not clued up on petrol cars

P1336 Crank / Cam Sensor fault

your better trying to get the computer on to see more info

Old 19-02-18, 07:47 PM   #4

Which engine VTI or normal 16V. If normal 16V check the plugs as some models can have issues if plugs are worn.

I read a 1007 the other day with missfire and cam sensor faults (No cam sensor on the engine). Told owner to try a new set of Bosch plugs (NGK can cause issues) and faults all cleared after a couple of journeys
Old 19-02-18, 08:19 PM   #5

Welcome to the world of cars and to the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-02-18, 09:19 PM   #6

It is a 1.6 (Peugeot 308 Hatchback (2007 - 2013) 1.6 THP SE 5d Auto (2008/08) If that means anything to you!! I shall look into the plugs.

The weird thing is I deleted the codes/management light off through the diagnosis tool I got off Amazon and the car was driving lovely since.. probably just luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Which engine VTI or normal 16V. If normal 16V check the plugs as some models can have issues if plugs are worn.

I read a 1007 the other day with missfire and cam sensor faults (No cam sensor on the engine). Told owner to try a new set of Bosch plugs (NGK can cause issues) and faults all cleared after a couple of journeys
Old 19-02-18, 10:00 PM   #7

If you're getting codes related to engine timing it could be the timing chain going west.
Which given it's a thp wouldn't be a massive shock!
Old 21-02-18, 01:32 PM   #8

The odd thing is I deleted the codes and management light with the tool kit I got off Amazon and the car seems to be running perfectly now?? all lights are working too. Is that common? My father in law said maybe it kick started it whatever that means. I am not getting the depollution msg anymore...
Old 27-02-18, 08:55 AM   #9

Have you had an engine stall recently or tried to start it with a dead battery sometimes things like that throw up a fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-18, 10:32 AM   #10

Hi mate, I'm having similar issues. What tool did you buy off amazon and what was the cost?

Cheers Mike
whytem82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in