Peugeot Forums banner

New peugeot 308SW owner, a couple of questions.

4K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  melh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi there, I've recently purchased a 308 SW (early 2013). It came with full sevice history but somewhere along the line the original handbook was lost. I've now downloaded one in PDF format and am working my way through it.
I've connected my phone through Bluetooth with surprising ease and have the radio playing my mp3 devices .
The satnav is OK but doesn't seem to be able to accept postcodes, is that normal?
The only disappointment I have is that the handbook shows the setup for cruise control and speed limiting but my car does not have the required control lever on the left of the steering column, can I assume that these were not fitted to all of these models?
I'll be grateful for any replies. Mel.

*mod...moved to 308 forum

#13 ·
I've looked into the setup menu, there's an astounding amount of information including:-
SW Version-unit. RNEG2.70.E.3
CD No. 8599

There are several map references for different countries, the UK one shows,
United Kingdom 2012 / 2013 LED

#9 ·
I am in the process of updating mine at the moment but am experiencing a few problems. I ordered a 2019 map update from eBay and it arrived last week. However, when I put the card in it said "Navigation Not Currently Available. Insert Navigation Medium".
I contacted the seller and he emailed me a software update (R50B R50.03) which I installed.
However, the map set he had sent me still would not work. He is sending me a new SD card this week.

So I do not know if the software update has corrected the postcode problem.
I will update you when the SD card arrives.

Sorry if I appear to be hijacking this thread but I think this information may be helpful to you.

#14 ·
You mentioned earlier that you have a card from the seller, does that fit into the lower centre portion of the radio front panel?
Mine doesn't have that facility but does have a USB socket inside of the centre armrest / box that I assume can be used for the updates.

#17 ·
No, not yet. I am still waiting for the new SD card to arrive. It was sent on 10th May from the UK but the postal service here in France is useless in May. They have 3 public holidays and the unions usually have strikes on the following days to take them through to the weekends so effectively the postal service is only active 2 days a week this year as the public holidays fall on Wednesdays.

Just a price we have to pay for living in the sun:)

I will update this poist as soon as the card arrives.

#18 ·
No, not yet. I am still waiting for the new SD card to arrive. It was sent on 10th May from the UK but the postal service here in France is useless in May. They have 3 public holidays and the unions usually have strikes on the following days to take them through to the weekends so effectively the postal service is only active 2 days a week this year as the public holidays fall on Wednesdays.

Just a price we have to pay for living in the sun:)

I will update this poist as soon as the card arrives.
Well, as they say, ''There's nothing for nothing''. Enjoy it while you can:)

#19 · (Edited)
Decided to jump in with both feet and take a chance on the bay, I ordered the Feb '19 version on USB stick, together with two discs for system upgrade to version 2.86 (for postcodes) and camera alert zones.
The instructions are clear, everything went without problem, Installation takes a while, I only installed U.K. and a couple of countries that I visit occasionally and was able to try it out after a couple of hours. I'm pleased to report that all is OK and it now accepts full UK postcodes.:)

#20 ·
Another question

I'll tag on another question here, It may sound a bit daft but here goes, I was having a bit of a clear out this evening and as I stuck the vacuum nozzle under the the drivers seat (from the back) I felt something there, so had a look and could see something stowed in a sort of a bag fixed to the floor, It didn't seem as if it would pull out so I didn't disturb it. Can anyone tell me what it is ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.