New owner with a few questions. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-12, 10:23 AM   #1
Inactive User

Question New owner with a few questions.

Hi i have just come back to Peugeots after a year or so exploring Kias, at my expense and never again!!
I have a 2009 308 1.6 hdi 90 sport, its a really lovely car and for being 3 years old and 45000miles, feels really good.
However, i am trying to find out if the car has a DPF/ eloys bag, Upon emailing Peugeot cust servs with my question and car details, the first email i recieved back said yes the car does have a DPF, and half an hour after that, i recieve another email form Peugeot cust servs abeit from another advisor saying no your car does not have a DPF.
Confusion???
I personally dont think it does as all i can see under the bonnet is the cat under the foil cover behind the radiator, and there is no sign of one under the car,and after driving the mess that was a kia venga diesel with DPF, the pug drives totally differently, and revs free-er and well... normally compared to the kia did-which seemed constantly in regen mode,and ran roughly.
I am only being charged 30 /year for road tax, which puts it in the same bracket as the KIA, so does it have a DPF, or if it does nt, is Peugeots technology so much better than KIAs to manage the same emmissions as a kia with DPF, without a DPF?? (I know PEugeot technology is tears ahead of kias, dont worry) :-)

I am also wondering about the glowplug light, should it come on everytime, or just when its really cold outside?
I have not seen mine come on at all yet, even this morning when it was 6oC, car started fine though, and always has done.

Cheers,and thanks for any light on the matters.
James.
308 sport 1.6 hdi 90. in Nera Black.
jamesskye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-12, 05:38 PM   #2
jmkent

Glowplug light may come on for a split second, but until its down to freezing won't really be needed, and even then you may not see it as its on for a second ish at most.

Seeing your car is the 90bhp, I very much doubt it has the DPF. If you want to PM me your VIN, I can confirm and give you all the specs
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-12, 06:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

Smile new 308 owner

Hi,cheers for that,according to my handbook the engine code is contained within the vin number,so i have came to the conclusion that the car does not have a dpf,so that leaves me wondering how peugeot managed to get the emmissions down as far as to get it in to the 30 year roadtax banding,the 2011 kia venga 1.6crdi eco i have just traded in,had a DPF,a troublesome one,and it was in the same banding,just shows peugeots advanced technology perhaps?
On the GLowplug issue,i phoned around a few dealerships today and they all said that the light will not come on at all,until the plugs are needed,at approximately -14 or less.
I am not quite sure i believe that 100% but the car starts fine in the cold (6oc) so far,so im happy.
Thanks for our help,i am liking the car more each day,and have just discovered a Day running lights option in the menu, so i have turned that on.
Cheers,james.
308 1.6 hdi 90 sport- nera black- 2009
ex 307 2l hdi glx silver- 2002
ex 306 dturbo 3 door- Bianca white-1999

Old 04-10-12, 06:16 PM   #4
chopper1192

I didn't realise they did the 90 in Sport trim?
Old 04-10-12, 06:20 PM   #5
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesskye View Post
Hi i have just come back to Peugeots after a year or so exploring Kias, at my expense and never again!!
I have a 2009 308 1.6 hdi 90 sport, its a really lovely car and for being 3 years old and 45000miles, feels really good.
However, i am trying to find out if the car has a DPF/ eloys bag, Upon emailing Peugeot cust servs with my question and car details, the first email i recieved back said yes the car does have a DPF, and half an hour after that, i recieve another email form Peugeot cust servs abeit from another advisor saying no your car does not have a DPF.
Confusion???
I personally dont think it does as all i can see under the bonnet is the cat under the foil cover behind the radiator, and there is no sign of one under the car,and after driving the mess that was a kia venga diesel with DPF, the pug drives totally differently, and revs free-er and well... normally compared to the kia did-which seemed constantly in regen mode,and ran roughly.
I am only being charged 30 /year for road tax, which puts it in the same bracket as the KIA, so does it have a DPF, or if it does nt, is Peugeots technology so much better than KIAs to manage the same emmissions as a kia with DPF, without a DPF?? (I know PEugeot technology is tears ahead of kias, dont worry) :-)

I am also wondering about the glowplug light, should it come on everytime, or just when its really cold outside?
I have not seen mine come on at all yet, even this morning when it was 6oC, car started fine though, and always has done.

Cheers,and thanks for any light on the matters.
James.
308 sport 1.6 hdi 90. in Nera Black.
Your car doesn't have a DPF. Only the 110bhp does. As regards the glowplug light, just cause you don't see the light doesn't mean the glowplugs are not on. Which they are for near 5min after start from cold.
Old 05-10-12, 09:06 AM   #6
Inactive User

yep its a 90 sport alright, according to the sticker on the drivers door pillar,and registered june 2009.
The glowplug light has never lit since i have had the car, but i do hear the load coming off the altenator after a few minutes,and the car starts perfectly.
a deaelrship salesman told me on the phone that the light wont come on until they are needed,and it needs to be at least minus 14 before that happens,but that was a salesman, a salesman told me my car did have a dpf, so......
Service dept was unavailable to speak to.
Cheers,james.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in