New member new problem :-) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-11, 10:38 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default New member new problem :-)

Hello world,
I just signed up to the forum so I could pick a few brains..

I bought an ex demo 308 diesel auto hatchback a few weeks ago... still only 5k on the clock..
After 10 years of driving a Jaguar it feels very odd to drive... the drive gear does not engage when you put it into gear, only when you begin to accelerate. Not good when you start on a slope , but maybe I just got used to a different way..

This morning I set off from home and found the car was not changing gear ..
I put it into drive and it moved off ok, but stayed in 1st .. the only way it would change up or down was by using the steering wheel paddles..
A couple of miles into my journey i stopped at a roundabout and when it was time to move off, the blooming thing would not go into gear at all !!
After shuffling the gear/auto stick back and forth a few times it took off, but still no automatic gear change.

After an hours stop at the shops I started her up again and everything was back to normal ... I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience or recognises the symptoms.. ?
nikonpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-11, 01:38 PM   #2
chopper1192

1. It ain't an auto, it's a Mechanised Manual Transmission. It won't feel or behave like an auto, because it simply won't.

2. Assuming its set in the correct mode, it's busted. Take it back. Demonstrator is a posh way of saying either "loan car" or "sales dudes company hack", neither of which bode well for its next owner.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in