Need some help!? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-11, 12:15 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Need some help!?

Hi guys, just new to this forum and need some advise.

The other day a white van man with an extra wide trailer did the following to my mums 308 on a narrow country road in the dark. Long story short, we've decided to not involve insurance and pay for our own damages.

I need 2nd hand;
door
steel wheel and tire
front bumper...unless u guys think it's savagable?
front wing - finding it hard to find one of these with going to peugeot - any web links would be greatly appreciated???

I've found a breaker with the door and wheel for 200 - same colour.
Bumper on ebay for 150 delivered - same colour.

are these things easy to fit as I plan to do all the work myself to keep costs down, I'm a cashless student and I've really let me mum down so I want to pay for it myself. When I look into the front bumper cavity there seems to be lots of large smashed black plastic blocks, are these like frame-bumper connecters or what? Do I need to buy them seperately or what? Any ideas or whatever u think, just shout it out - so long as its contructive of course.

Thank you!
drdick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-03-11, 07:40 AM   #2
JazzJPH

Not sure what you mean by large black plastic blocks. The only black plastic I can think of is the arch lining. Where are you from? Don't try online breakers. You need to find salvage yards near you.
Front bumper and wing have had it, door will cost a lot to get sorted. I'd try the price for a new door (by new I mean salvage yard again) . Erm I'm not sure how to use servicebox but somebody on here will probably be kind enough to show you or get you images of how to take this stuff off.

Hope this helps
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-03-11, 07:55 PM   #3
chopper1192

The damage to the door isn't something you're going to sort easily. I'd have it all properly repaired, which will also maintain the the paint and anti-perforation warranty. And why not, cos the other buggers insurance is paying for it?

Old 26-03-11, 10:00 PM   #4
JazzJPH

they've decided not to involve insurance, and pay for it themselves.

It's obviously knock for knock, he isn't the "innocent one" in the situation by the sound of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in