NEED ECU FOR 308 2007 THP 1.6 ep6 engine - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nariman1977
  • 1 Post By trustme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-16, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default NEED ECU FOR 308 2007 THP 1.6 ep6 engine

Hi All,
I have 308 THP 2007 1.6 Premium pack ep6 engine in paris only used 38000km,i parked it in a near by parking as car wz not in used n insurance finished,2 days ago someone broke its window glass and open the bonet and stole its ECU(Engine Control Unit) from the fuse box with the engine,i called the police they noted but no result.Now i need this ECU for my car,i checked with Peugeot Dealer they give a v high quotation 1100euro for this unit + the programing charges which i didnt ask them as 1100euro tomuch for me,one friend told me to buy a used 1 as there r somany used parts dealers in france and priced max 400euros,i asked the part number from peugeot dealer but he didnt gave me saying if we gave that people buy on net,i checked again the fuse box where the ECU was,i found a BSM part number 9663100480,can any 1 help me in finding the correct ECU part number so i can check the used 1,i tryed to search on net i found 1 ECU part number 9664738680 for ep6 engine but i dont know is that correct for THP engine, if some can tell me that part number? it ll be helpful OR BY checking his fuse box who have same engine, secondly if i buy a used part it ll work to start the engine with all old original parts with car coz someone says without programing it ll not work even if its from same type of car and another used parts dealer says it ll work and start the engine as i have the original car key and all other parts , i am confused and blocked what to do,any guidance ll be highly appriciated.

with thanks
GHANI
GHANI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-16, 02:25 PM   #2

hello

your friend is right, it will not work as you will need it programming to your car!

All the ECUs in the car need to be matched/programmed together so that it can work.

However you don't need peugeot for that. If you know anyone with PP or Diagtool they can program the ECU for you. BUt you will need your key code which hopefully you have!

How strange that someone breaks into a car and steals the ECU! wierd!
GHANI likes this.
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-16, 06:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariman1977 View Post
hello

your friend is right, it will not work as you will need it programming to your car!

All the ECUs in the car need to be matched/programmed together so that it can work.

However you don't need peugeot for that. If you know anyone with PP or Diagtool they can program the ECU for you. BUt you will need your key code which hopefully you have!

How strange that someone breaks into a car and steals the ECU! wierd!
Hi Nariman,
Seems v strange but it happens in Paris just for 50euros --100euros they blocked by 308.I need to search for a used part.....thx for reply
GHANI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-01-16, 08:34 PM   #4

Fitting another ecu with out swapping bsi too the ecu must be in a Virgin state to program with planet
GHANI likes this.
Old 19-09-16, 09:12 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hello nariman1977. I have the same extact problem of Ghani but in Rome!! can you post a typical procedure and tools to use a refurbished ECU having selected the same ECU model you had in you 308? thanks a lot!!
Second do you have any hints how to retrieve from Peugeot P/N 194483 (308 1.6 HDi 82kw automatic 11/2010) the possible ECU brands and models? Thanks a lot!!
fabersc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-16, 10:36 AM   #6

Wow, so you had yours stolen too?

You can't programme the ECU completely. what you have to do is make sure it is the same part number as yours, then you can program the immobiliser code into it from the BSI.

But you might be better off getting the BSI and the ECU from the same car as it will save you a lot of headache.
Old 20-09-16, 08:45 AM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks Nariman but I need some more background on this. I do not anything of BSI and whatsoever. Can I ask you if you know how to setup a refurbished ECU (the procedure and the tools needed) ? I think would be beneficial for all the rest of the community.
Many Thanks again!
Old 20-09-16, 09:04 AM   #8

I am not the best man for this as I don't have a lot of experience in the Peugeot field.

But for ANY ECU replacement, you can't just replace the ECU. You will either have to:

1) Get the ECU, BSI ( Body Control Unit), Key fobs, from a donor car ( same engine and model number) and then replace them as then you don't have to programme anything

or

2) Get a virgin ECU where you can programme the BSI to it. But you need to know your keycode and have access to PP/Diagbox to be able to reprogramme it.

What you can do, is to change the ECU, then with PP/Diagobx clear all fault codes. Try to start the car and when it fails to start ( it will do as it will not have the correct immobilser code), then re-read the codes and see the errors and then rectify them by programming the required details.
Old 20-09-16, 09:21 AM   #9
Inactive User

Can't I use my actual and key fobs or it is needed to get all those things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in