my 308 1.6 turbo nightmare - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-11, 10:58 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default my 308 1.6 turbo nightmare

Here goes guys

Best sit down
CHRONOLOGY
22/7/09 Running rough when cold DIAGNOSIS: Fault due to poor software and initialisation of car Download new software and carry out reinitialisation of the auto adaptives.
18/11/09 Transmission has slight oil leak / Water leaking into RHF door DIAGNOSIS: pan and gasket warped and new front door membrane needed.
14/12/09 Parts arrive to do previous fix
11/2/10 Not changing down gears and serious lag on take off DIAGNOSIS: found fault stored in ECU super knock fault in cylinder 2 and 3 clear fault and reinitialise system
24/5/10 Hesitation, jerk or miss when changing gears / rough running on cold start DIAGNOSIS: checked fault codes, code present. Removed knock sensor to check for grease buildup, none present. Removed inlet manifold, and checked, found some carbon build up. Awaiting advice from Peugeot.
8/9/10 Check engine shudder and loss of power whilst driving / knocking noise from rear suspension area. DIAGNOSIS: Rear shocks leaking and replaced. Engine: found fault code p2337 carried out cylinder head de-carb,replaced parts as required. Cylinder head was removed. NOTE: A TIMING TENSIONER IS LIST AMOUNGST PARTS SUPPLIED
8/2/11 Hesitation under load no power wont go up a hill. DIAGNOSIS: check found super knock problem, fault code p1385 carried out info flash B1aw011jp0 carried out head cleaning.
23/3/11 Car loses all power when accelerating. Turbo not working. Cold start rough running. DIAGNOSIS: Found fault code p2279 intake air flow fault replaced breather pipe also found battery week and replaced. When going to collect questioned re engine noise dealer kept car for more time. DIAGNOSIS: Found info flash B1ew0108Q0 fitted new tensioner as required
7/4/11 Car lost all power lucky to not have serious accident. DIAGNOSIS: found fault code p1385, super knock. Carried out infoflash B1aw011JQ0 Upper engine head cleaning and oil change.
12/4/11 Car running like next doors lawn mower depollution fault code flashing. DIAGNOSIS: Car on tow truck back to dealer. PPD session highlights misfire fault on cylinder 1 requiring new feul injector to be fitted before further testing.
Peugeot say they will fix it no buy back no care
The 7/4 incident involved a truck sliding sideways toward us in the wet a car lost power turning out of t intersection
PLENTY OF EMOTION DUE TO LACK OF MOTION
peardoau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-04-11, 11:30 PM   #2

Thats alot of grief within two years....
There seems to have been an ongoing problem with your 308's 1.6 hdi engine that the dealer never got to the bottom off...With so many problems they should have fitted a new engine and sent your engine back to france to be checked out under warranty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
risky1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-11, 09:22 AM   #3
mal
Inactive User

That sounds like the standard EP6T engine timing design flaw...
Distribution THP
mal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-04-11, 09:12 PM   #4
chopper1192

You're daft to have kept it for so long if it's so fault riddled. My 3008 developed some big-O faults soon on as well so i rejected it, and 46 days after I bought the car peugeot agreed to replace it.

If you'd put as much effort into sorting out the problem as you do registering on here simplky for the purpose of bending our ears (for something which is not the fault of any of us) then this would have been sorted 2 years ago.

Now go away and come back when you're ready to take some responsibility for sticking up for your own consumer rights instead of being happy to keep a car suffering fault after fault after fault.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-11, 04:44 AM   #5
mal
Inactive User

Something to be said for not being stuffed around.
Gut feeling is that there are a lot of people out there with this problem.
mal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-11, 01:07 PM   #6
Inactive User

thanks chopper for your kindness
unfortunately in australia we have very little consumer protection in these matters and must let the dealer continue to repair vehicle whilst taking action
just though I may get some help mechanically. But seems I am just to be insulted
so yes I will go away because as a senior member of the forum I assume most are of your ilk and by the way most aussies think that our chopper is a dickhead
rod
peardoau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-11, 02:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peardoau View Post
thanks chopper for your kindness
unfortunately in australia we have very little consumer protection in these matters and must let the dealer continue to repair vehicle whilst taking action
just though I may get some help mechanically. But seems I am just to be insulted
so yes I will go away because as a senior member of the forum I assume most are of your ilk and by the way most aussies think that our chopper is a dickhead
rod
peardoau this is an open forum and you will hear alot of different opinions , i don`t think chopper aimed to upset you but when answering alot of posts sometimes we get to the point rather sharply , i don`t see this as a reason to leave this forum as it has a lot of valuable information and experienced people , we are all here to look for solutions to problems .

ps i think by adding this in your first post "unfortunately in australia we have very little consumer protection"it might have helped because i thought you were from here!!!!!
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-11, 05:30 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Yes, filling in your profile properly would let people know where you are from. And chopper is one of our more valued members and generally knows what he is talking about.
Oh and if you had introduced yourself instead of just expecting free advice from the good people who endeavor to help out others you might find people more pleasant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-11, 05:34 PM   #9
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
peardoau this is an open forum and you will hear alot of different opinions , i don`t think chopper aimed to upset you
No intent to do that.

I was expressing my exasperation that someone in this day and age would buy an expensive product, then put up with it for so long when it's so bad, then have the temerity to come on here and moan at us about it.

Still and all, if he says they have little in the way of consumer rights where he lives...

The 2 big faults are software (not many, though being the cheapest this is what is usually tried first) and problems with the mechanical camshaft timing. There's an issue with the gear getting fractionally out of set, just enough that the signals being sent to the ECU confuse it sufficiently to throw a wobbly and make it sulk.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-11, 07:48 PM   #10

That's the thing with forums - nobody knows who you are - so there's no point in getting the hump if someone replies and you don't like the reply.

As far as I'm concerned forums are useful for info - and a good argue if you're so inclined - if you want to make friends get on facebook or twitter or whatever.

Or is it just me?
storeman likes this.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in