Lag when pulling, 1.6 Diesel - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-18, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Lag when pulling, 1.6 Diesel

Hi folks, I have had this car for little over a year and have had to deal with various issues due to the mileage on the car 130k.

I still have several issues that I'm struggling to find answers to elsewhere, hoping you guys can help.

I'm having lag in boost when pulling hills, seems to be when the turbo is working. The lag almost feels like a belt drive and the belt slipping under the weight. There is a funny noise that accompanies the lag which is like rubber slipping, almost sounds like the call of a penguine or dolphin.

I suspected a blocked fuel injector but the noise I'm hearing is making think it could be something else.

I,m seeing a lot of black oil underneath the turbo and out of the flanges on the air hoses connected to the turbo. I'm also seeing a lot of black oil entering the turbo from the inlet duct. So thinking it could be losing pressure through those joints which could explain the weird sound and lag.

Anyone had anything similar or know what it could be?

Thanks in advance
Fazcraig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-01-18, 06:32 PM   #2

I should also mention that it is a new turbo. I also have a gas temp engine message and anti pollution fault on the dash. I'm also getting excessive smoke from exhaust usually when turbo is working. I suspect it's burning the excessive black oil that's pouring into it.
Old 28-01-18, 09:17 PM   #3

Reading more about the excess oil in the intake, seems like that could be a fault with the breather cap/diaphragm. Can't seem to find any more info on it so I'm clutching at straws but something else to try fix.

Old 28-01-18, 10:15 PM   #4

RE the oil in the intake, when the new turbo was fit, the seal on the valve from the oil separator to the air intake was also replaced. I'm thinking that the seal is the wrong size and the crankcase is losing pressure causing oil to drain to the intake rather than back into the sump.

Been looking for a replacement seal but having a nightmare trying to find them.

Any suggestions?
Old 29-01-18, 11:14 AM   #5

The 1.6 diesel lag is quite well known, and usually down to requiring a blanking plate on the EGR.
Old 03-02-18, 10:09 AM   #6

Or the fact it relys too much on the turbo

I don't thrash my car or rev high that much but have to now as it's awful if your not in the power band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-18, 12:21 PM   #7

I have read that thevengine is designed to be revved. I'm the same, I'm a cruiser, very rarely hit 2k revs. But I have been more inclined to rev it harder since.

It does seem much happier on higher revs.

How does blanking off the egr work?

I read that the oil leaking into the intake is a result of the breather diaphragm now working because of a leak of pressure?, could be a result of replacing the oring on the breather air intake hose around 4 month back. Only noticed it happening afterwards so that seems to ring true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in