key programming - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By trustme
  • 1 Post By Ginger Magic
  • 1 Post By PaulMillard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-15, 02:05 PM   #1

Unhappy key programming

hi all i have read post but can not find my answer to this here goes i own a copy of planet

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from bettyswollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian

Last edited by ian livsey; 25-09-15 at 11:01 AM.
ian livsey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-09-15, 02:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian livsey View Post
hi all i have read post but can not find my answer to this here goes i own a copy of planet

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from sweatybollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian
you can not reprogram a used key to another car but you when you program a new key to your car you need to do the same procedure to the working key you have there because if you dont it will stop working
ian livsey likes this.
Old 23-09-15, 02:13 PM   #3
Inactive User

I have thinked about this myself, but i coded new key for a Partner from 2003 one month ago i then used the old on and the the new one both programmed via diagbox and both worked after coding.
I think it just reads the old key and confirm that it is still there and then code in the new key, i cant say that its the case for all cars but i had no problem.

I also wonder about the price for key code in the peugot dealership, here Peugot key code is 60 and the Citroen is 12 thats a big difference.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-09-15, 03:23 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

When you code a new key, the car 'forgets' all the keys it currently has and just learns the new one - so if you have 2 keys ( 1 old and 1 new ) you will need to reprogram them both as 'new' keys, as the old key has been 'forgotten' - if you catch my drift?
mickiete likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-09-15, 04:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian livsey View Post

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from sweatybollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian
bettyswollocks may not like you calling him Sweatybollocks! He probably got that loads back in school
ian livsey likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-09-15, 11:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMillard View Post
bettyswollocks may not like you calling him Sweatybollocks! He probably got that loads back in school
shit sorry mate didnt even know i had put that oooooops sorry betty -
ian livsey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in