Peugeot Forums banner

Is

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Davidoneill27 
#1 · (Edited)
Reliability issues

Hi folks, since purchasing my 308 1.6 HDI Sport (110) last April, I've had no issues with reliability. I love the car's looks, equipment and fuel economy, my only concern is the shared components with the troublesome 307. Am I worrying too much or has Peugeot really put to bed it's association with reliability problems?

Regards

David

#2 ·
From what i hear through a Peugeot head mechanic since 2006/2007 they have nearly sorted all ranges ,not saying there won`t be problems just seem to be getting things sorted now.

By the way if you haven`t read some of my posts i just sold my 2002 307 1.4hdi taxed and mot`d for a year, for £1000 and it has 251,349 miles on the clock ,same engine and driving great.:thumb:

G
#3 ·
Faults aren't unheard of on the 308 but are the exception rather than the norm. Pug went to a lot of effort to imbue the 308 with a decent standard of fit, finish and reliability and it now stops, goes, and fails to break down easily on a par with the Golf VI, and with a bigger cabin to boot. Considering the size of the family hatch market in the UK I can't understand why pug aren't trying harder to raise the 308s profile with the public, but that's Pug for you.

My missus racked up just under 30k miles in 15 months in out 110 HDi, and it was utterly faultless and every mile a pleasure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.