Intermittent warning Light fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-11, 10:06 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Intermittent warning Light fault

My 208SW, still under guarantee, has developed a seatbelt/airbag warning light fault. The warning light intermittently comes on only to go off next time I drive the car or sometimes whilst I'm driving. My local Peugeot garage had the car in for an hour & couldn't trace the fault but said if it reoccurred they would have the car in for a day. Well the fault has reoccurred a number of times but each time it has corrected itself before the car went to the Peugeot garage. The fault is exceedingly frustrating & does not seem to be associated with temperature change, speed, how many passengers, etc. If I had access to an electrical schematic & wiring diagram for the car, as a retired electronica engineer, I might be able to work out what the problem is. I'm starting this thread in the hope that someone else has had this problem & can give me some clues on how to remedy it.
ebgbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-12, 09:06 AM   #2
Inactive User

Default resolution

I am having the same issues with my 09, did you get any resolution on the problem?
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-12, 10:04 AM   #3
davidireland

Its near impossible to find these faults as the airbag system is self diagnosing ie the ecu clears all fault codes if they turn intermittant. The fault will just have to develop or else give the car to the garage for a few days so they have a chance of trying to get a fault code from the ecu.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-03-12, 07:50 AM   #4
Inactive User

Hi, The airbag warning light problem has at last been fixed but it has taken 4 changes of the electronics box & finally the replacement of a faulty airbag. A bad batch of electronics boxes was given as the reason for the multiple changes. Thank goodness that the car was still under guarantee else the fix would have probably cost the earth. Coincidentally my wifes 207 developed a brake warning fault including the temporary loss of the speedo signal. As her car is well outside the original guarantee time & the garage said that glow plugs had to be changed plus what they called a Calculator, parts cost 478, labour 262 & VAT 148. Such costs certainly make ones eyes water.
ebgbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in