installing keyless entry - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-16, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Post installing keyless entry

Hi I have 308 1.6 hdi year 2007.
I am installing pke into it. So far I have managed to install push start button and am now trying to add pke feature. Can anybody tell me does this car have unlocking positive trigger, negative trigger or positive/negative trigger. I have inspected lock/unlock button on main console and it only has one wire which is used for both lock/unlock and am unsure of it - it is 0v when unlocked and fluctuating + when locked (when probing with positive end of multimeter). Also, if anyone knows the location of central locking unit it would be much appreciated.
Furthermore, I need to locate fuel gauge wire, direction lights wires and handbrake wire.
Many thanks 4 any help...
tafarelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-16, 07:47 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default lock wire

I have managed to locate lock and unlock wires in main door. Unlock wire triggers simply by grounding it but I am unable to trigger lock wire no matter what I try. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-01-16, 01:35 PM   #3

Never stripped a Peugeot lock but I have stripped similar locks and they used a simple dc motor for locking the doors. They simply reversed the polarity of each of the two wires and used microswitches as limit switches for each direction. The lock / unlock button just sends a signal to an ECU (probably the BSI) telling it to set the door locks opposite to their current status, it doesn't actually connct to the lock mechanisms themselves.
tafarelli likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 07-01-16 at 01:38 PM.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-16, 04:32 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thank you very much for this. It is exactly so. I have managed to locate both lock and unlock wires at bsi. But I still have the problem of triggering lock wire. When I connect my unlock trigger wire (from pke system, it is negative) to main console lock/unlock wire (which is positive and triggering when given negative signal) than my lock wire is being triggered with lock trigger wire (from pke) but with delay - first dome light turns on and than it locks. The problem of that connection is that it doesn't auto lock when distancing from vehicle. When my unlock wire is properly connected to unlock wire on bsi, lock wire doesn‘t work at all. Maybe you have some idea on how to set this up. I have relays and diodes at disposal. Many thanks either way
Old 07-01-16, 05:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default idea for setup

Do you think this will work? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
relays-setup-idea.jpg  
Old 07-01-16, 05:36 PM   #6

Is this a universal item you are installing?

If so, then you will have a few issues if your car is ever stolen:

Your insurance will be void as you have left a immobiliser unit inside the car
Your insurance will be void as you have left a key in the ignition?

How are you doing the push botton start to release the steering lock? I assume you are either breaking the steering lock or leaving ahalf cut key in ignition?

How are you dealing with immobiliser if using an aftermarket PKE system? Again are you hiding the transponder in the car somewhere?
nariman1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-16, 05:46 PM   #7

87a type relay uses the normally closed contact from the relay.

In your diagram, when no buttons are pressed, you are constantly sending 12v to the unlock trigger output from PKE and also constant 12v to the unlock wire for the car, therefore I think when nothing is pressed, you are energising the unlock wire from the car and at the same time , grounding the lock wire!

I think the lock ECU will go crazy and freeze until the issue is removed?

Can you confirm:

1) On the BSI, you have 2 inputs to BSI : 1 for locking and 1 for unlocking? In normal unlocked position, can you check the voltage at these inputs and see what they are at? Then check the same for when car is locked, and see what they are at?

2) On the BSI, check what you have to do to the 2 inputs to lock the car first and then what you have to do to unlock?

3) on your PKE, what do you have for the outputs from the system when locked is pressed and when unlocked is pressed? What is the output from the system when nothing is pressed?
Old 07-01-16, 06:17 PM   #8
Inactive User

My bad 87 instead of 87a.
1)unlocked:
lock wire: 2.6 when probed with black probe, red on +12V, 9.3 when probed with red, black on ground;
unlock wire: 12.5 when probed with black,, red on +12V, 0 when probed with red, black on ground.

locked:
lock wire: 12.4 when probed with black, red on +12V, 0 when probed with red, black on ground;
unlock wire: 2.6 when probed with black, 9.3 when probed with red.

2) To unlock I only need to ground unlock wire, I dont know what to do to trigger lock wire.

3) Both lock and unlock triggers on pke are -500 mA
Old 07-01-16, 06:37 PM   #9
Inactive User

Perhaps I can use one of these diagrams?
Attached Thumbnails
screen-shot-2016-01-07-20.35.58.png   screen-shot-2016-01-07-20.36.07.png  
Old 07-01-16, 06:40 PM   #10

ok, so i read it as: ( Car is DC, so only applies to when black is on ground and red is doing the probing):

When car is unlocked ( it has been unlocked and it is sitting in the unlocked position):
Lock wire is high ( 12v) : you only seeing 9.3 v perhaps becuase your battery is giving you 9.3v at the moment as the car is not running.
Unlock is low ( 0 v)

When car is locked ( it is siting in the locked position):
Lock wire is low (0v)
Unlock wire is High ( 12v).

To unlock the car from locked position: Ground the unlock wire and it unlocks the car

To lock the car: You can't get it to lock at the moment : What would happen if you ground the lock wire. Does it not lock the car? You can only do this when car is unlocked.

if that doesn't work to lock the car, then get someone else to stand outside the car with you inside with your probe on the lock wire. You should be seeing 12v. Get your friend to lock the car with the key and you watch the probe and see what happens to the voltage? Does it go to 0v and stay there, or does it pulsate to 0 and then back up to 12v ( or 9.3v).

Do the same test, this time with your probe on the unlock wire. When car is unlocked, you should be seeing 0v on this probe. get your friend to lock the car and see what happens to the probe. Does it go up to 12v and stays there ( as I would expect ) or does it pulsate to 12v and then drops back down to 0v?

My guess is that you need 2 inputs to the BSI for this: High input ( 12V) and low input ( 0v or ground). YOu need them both to be able to lock and unlock the car. And they have to stay at that level for the duration. So if your pki is only giving you a short signal and then drops to 0v once button is released, then what you might need is something called 'latching relay' and not a normal automotive relay.

Last edited by nariman1977; 07-01-16 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in