Peugeot Forums banner

Installing an aftermarket air induction kit?

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  windy1603 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been wondering if it's possible to replace the air filter in the 308 turbo diesel with an aftermarket air induction kit. All of the induction kits I've seen do not include a breather pipe connection for the turbo. Has anyone done this? Any advice/ recommendations?

I am currently missing the cold air intake pipe which fell out one day in the last 7 months (wasn't fastened in properly after being removed), and the small u pipe that connects into the air box will not fit securely so keeps falling out. My air box is also not mounted securely anymore, this has all prompted me to look into replacing the whole unit thus considering an induction kit as the OEM parts are not easy to get hold of providing not too expensive.

#3 ·
I've spent a long time searching eBay with no luck and have looked on a few scrapyard sites but don't seem to be any near me with my car currently. Am edging more towards and aftermarket kit currently but need more advice. Thanks for the reply!

#4 ·
All sorted

For those that are interested in doing this in the future, it can be done, I have today fitted the k&n air induction kit, a bit pricey but oh well. Sounds good and looks good. Quite easy to do too!

#5 ·
Wondering...

For those that are interested in doing this in the future, it can be done, I have today fitted the k&n air induction kit, a bit pricey but oh well. Sounds good and looks good. Quite easy to do too!
Hi Scott308,

Just wondering - do you have a link to the kit you bought? Same issue happened to my 308 too. Need to re-vamp the air intake... Also - do you have any pictures? Any information would be useful. thanks.

#6 · (Edited)
Hi RustyChillie, I bought the K&N 57-0662 Performance Intake Kit from Amazon
These are made for each variation of vehicle so if you have the same as me this will be the one for you too but you can find out quite easily on the k&n website.
Everything is pretty self explanatory what to do but there are full instructions​ included.

#7 ·
Cheers

Hi Scott,

Thanks for confirming. Hate the online sales of items like this. They dont show all the part of the kit nor any pictures to show what is should like. So looks kinda confusing to say the least. i have the 2009 1.6hdi 5 dr hatchback 308. too many miles on it tbh but hey. Thanks again for the confirmation/information.

#12 ·
Unless it's a kit with a good cold air feed, Some of them loose power due the increase in intake air temps (less dense air so less fuel injected).

An in airbox performance filter is often a better bet unless you just want the noise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.