Idle Chit-Chat - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-16, 08:08 AM   #1

Default Idle Chit-Chat

I thought a section for idle chit-chat and things of no relevance may be useful for anyone with any questions about anything or just a place to share thoughts or problems or just for fun to make us smile.

I'll kick the ball off in the next post as I have a question......

Al.

UPDATE: I should have posted this in the general 'Off Topic' section so I've moved it over there.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...2/#post1368490

Thanks to craiglucky for his reply. Al.

Last edited by allan40alt; 25-04-16 at 08:27 AM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-04-16, 08:10 AM   #2

BT YouView

I'm thinking of switching from Sky TV to BT YouView but wondered whether my idea to send the signal around the house will work.

At the moment I send the Sky box signal around via the aerial coax which goes to a distribution booster/splitter in the loft.

The YouView Plus box doesn't have a built in modulator so my plan is to connect the main TV via the HDMI output then use the Scart output on the box to connect to an RF Modulator to convert the signal for the RF Coax up to the loft etc.

Question is; does the signal from the YouView Plus box get sent via both HDMI and Scart simultaneously, or do you have to switch the box from one output to the other?

Has anyone had any success setting their YouView Plus box up in this way and do you get a decent picture?

Many thanks. Al.

NB: This has all come about due to yet another price increase from Sky. The price goes up and the repeats get more and more and the rubbish programmes we hardly ever watch get worse. BT TV Entertainment Plus, with a few items added like Kids and HD extra, seems to cover all the main programmes we watch.

I can also add Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD plus the Sky Movies and it still works out far cheaper.

I switched my phone and broadband this week from Sky to BT and the speed has already improved. On day two of the switch I'm already getting 35Mbps and they say it should get better after about three days. The cost is about the same but I now get all the BT Sports channels in HD included.
Old 24-04-16, 03:37 PM   #3
Inactive User

I did the exact same thing a year or so ago, although I haven't taken the signal anywhere other than the living room. I thought I'd miss sky but I haven't. Ive downloaded Moviebox on my phone for the series that I can't get on BT
craiglucky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-04-16, 04:11 PM   #4

Aha, that means the signal is sent from both HDMI and Scart simultaneously and doesn't need switching between outputs.

Looks like I'll be getting BT YouView then....although at the moment they did me deal to stop me leaving and so I'll stay with Sky a few months longer.

Thank you for that.
Old 24-04-16, 10:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan40alt View Post
I thought a section for idle chit-chat and things of no relevance may be useful for anyone with any questions about anything or just a place to share thoughts or problems or just for fun to make us smile.
There is already a section for chit-chat, it's called "Off-topic". You can discuss anything on there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-04-16, 07:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooi1uk View Post
There is already a section for chit-chat, it's called "Off-topic". You can discuss anything on there.

Aha, yes. Found it.

I only tend to read the 308 (2014-) section so I never noticed it.

Looks like I'm missing a lot by having this as my shortcut.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Al.
Old 25-04-16, 09:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan40alt View Post
Aha, yes. Found it.

I only tend to read the 308 (2014-) section so I never noticed it.

Looks like I'm missing a lot by having this as my shortcut.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Al.
My pleasure, there's some interesting stuff on there. Enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in