How do I remove a 308 front bumper - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-13, 10:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default How do I remove a 308 front bumper

Model 308 Millestim HDi 90 2010 ( with smashed lower front grill)

Davidireland kindly explained that to replace the lower front grill the bumper requires to be removed . Please could anybody explain how to remove the bumper or direct me to the page showing how to carry out the removal.The only topic that I could find was for a 407.Is it possible to buy a modified grill that is stonger than the standard part ?.
Although I am a first time user I`m sure that this site will be very useful and interesting to me.

Many thanks

Steve
(Steve) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-04-13, 03:52 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hiya mate its easier to jack up the front of the car take the wheels off n loosen the arch liner and theres a couple of bolts that need to be undone that holds the bumper to the wing, also under the bonnet there several clips that need to come out and underneath the car the bottom of the bumper attaches to the trays/guards that protect the sump and bits theres bolts that need to come out fink thats all thats there bit fidly at first just dont get rough with it as i have broken the bottom lugs on the headlights so be careful
no1chunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-13, 07:07 AM   #3
Inactive User

Default Bumper removal

Thanks for the information, I will be careful not to damage the lugs on the bottom of the headlights. Steve.
(Steve) is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-07-13, 03:41 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default Removing the front bumper on a 308 XSE 2.0 HDi touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1chunk View Post
Hiya mate its easier to jack up the front of the car take the wheels off n loosen the arch liner and theres a couple of bolts that need to be undone that holds the bumper to the wing, also under the bonnet there several clips that need to come out and underneath the car the bottom of the bumper attaches to the trays/guards that protect the sump and bits theres bolts that need to come out fink thats all thats there bit fidly at first just dont get rough with it as i have broken the bottom lugs on the headlights so be careful
For anyone else attempting this.

I agree, these are very easy to break, I have one good one, one broken one. I found it very painstaking to remove the 2 bolts that allow the front bumper to be separated from the mudguards. In the end I removed the guards and bumper together before I could figure out how the guards are secured to the bumper. I'll try to explain. There's a fancy plastic bracket on my car that holds the bumper to the mudguard. The 2 bolts go through this bracket. They have to be removed. Once done, the bumper can be removed from the bracket. This is done by popping the rear part of the bumper sideways out of the bracket that holds them together.

I think there's a few more tricks to this yet, or at least there was on my car.
Under the bonnet near the radiator there are four of those "Plastic speed fasteners" that need to have their centre popped up so you can remove the fasteners; and
About half between the fasteners there are a number of tabs that need to be pressed down to release them from a clip that secures the top half of the bumper to the car. They are a tiny tab the same colour as the car visible behind a black plastic fitting, A small screw driver does the trick, but if you don't want to scratch them, you'll probably need a small plastic device. It's a painful job, but necessary if you want to change a broken headlight or fit a set of driving lights (I didn't consider a number plate mount to be solid enough)
Reg.

Last edited by Duke_nut; 29-07-13 at 03:46 PM.
Duke_nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-13, 12:14 PM   #5
Inactive User

Unhappy Removing the grill from a 308

Hit a pheasant yesterday and trying to repair the damage. Will try your tips thanks
Ken21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-14, 06:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken21 View Post
Hit a pheasant yesterday and trying to repair the damage. Will try your tips thanks
I have just finished replacing the broken grille on my wifes Peugeot 308 (09 reg) wiuth the help of a YouTube video in Russian .
not that I could understand what they were saying but at least you can follow what they are doing.
If attempting this, allow a good three hours which is what it took me as there are many bolts to undo and a knack of pushing and pulling fragile plastic lugs. Take your time.
Removal can be done without putting car on ramps as you will need to put the wheels on full lock to get at the wheel-arch liners.
Firstly, undo the various screws on the plastic tray underneath the engine which connect to the front bumper skirt. There are three main bolts with washers which are located half way back, one central and one each side.
Secondly, put the steering on full lock to give you access to the wheel-arch liner for each front wheel. Pull the wheel-arch liner back to reveal a 10mm bolt where the bumper meets the wing of the car. You will need a ratchet with a swivel knuckle and 10mm socket to get onto the bolt head. Undo the bolt and repeat on the other side.
Lift the bonnet and at the front edge you will see four black flat circles. Using a small flat blade screwdriver, lever up the centre and you can then lift up with your finger which releases the retaining plastic bolts.
Looking at the top of the panted front bumper where it attached to the front of the engine compartment, you will see several small slots along the width of the plastic which you can place a small flat bladed screwdriver into and push down gently whilst pulling the front panel forwards in a rocking motion to release the plastic lugs. The whole bumper assembly should then start disconnecting from the car. It is helpful to have a second person to gentle prise away the wheel-arch sections from the car body. The whole front bumper section should then fall away but be careful as the wiring for the front fog lights will still be attached. Take hold of the lamp holders and turn through 90 degrees to remove the bayonet fittings. Pull the bumper assembly clear of the car and place on a fabric cloth/mat to avoid scratching the paintwork.
Re-fitting is a reverse of the above.
Colin B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in