High beam mystery - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-17, 08:58 PM   #1

Default High beam mystery

Questioning my sanity but during a long drive on Saturday, West coast of Ireland to Dublin Port and then Holyhead to Cheshire, I appear to have had uncommanded engagement of high beam on two occasions whilst on 'auto lights. Once under darkness and once in daylight (lights not even on?)

Ended up turning auto lights off as a precaution on the A55 and no further issues noted during the journey.

I know vehicle does not have any kind of high beam assist so at a loss to explain what happened aside from a 'glitch'

One further point is that I do not recall high beam being 'on' during the first instance despite dash lamp being illuminated as I do not recall a reduction in beam intensity when switching to dipped beam. Passenger did not feel I was on full beam either at the time I pointed it out.

Second incidence was in bright daylight, so would have expected lights to be off. Could not see anything to indicate high beam on outside the vehicle apart from the dash light and there was no adverse reaction from other road users for whatever duration the high beam may have been on.

Switched auto lights off at this point as A55 was crazy enough (Deathrace 2000) without any potential high beam funny business going on

Even with my less than delicate touch, finding it hard to see how you could 'accidentally' engage high beam during regular steering and indicating activities.

Any more instances of spontaneous high beam out there or any theories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-17, 09:16 PM   #2

Your comm unit is worn this is a common issue on all peugeots you get many strange things with them indicators over cancelling is most common but lights and wipers can play up too.
Old 12-06-17, 10:00 PM   #3

Thanks, would be disappointing to have such a failure on a car less than 2 years old though

Due for a service in next couple of weeks so will see if stealer has any ideas/diagnostic capability.

Old 13-06-17, 08:44 PM   #4

Interesting to know ,I had an issue a while ago when I left early one morning ,only to get pulled the police because my headlights weren't on .Despite being in the auto position and the dash board illuminated sure enough they were not illuminated. I switched off the engine ,key out and restarted and all was good until further on in my journey whilst trying to exit a Eurotunnel train when the electronic hand brake refused to release.
Jules_525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in