Help required please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-16, 02:37 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Help required please

The cars (308cc 2.0 hdi 59 plate) engine management light came on today but engine ran fine, no limp home. turned car off, restarted, light still on with 'anti pollution warning,. The car drove home with no problems, ran as usual.
Got home and put my very basic scanner on to see if it would read codes, no go but managed to clear fault. Started the car, gave it a few revs with no fault came back.

Question, I would expect that this fault will come back and would like to own the kit to diagnose the problems myself, what do i need and where is a safe place to buy from? All people on here with the kit are too far away.
Planet or diagbox for this type of fault?

Thanks in advanve
iasha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-16, 03:26 PM   #2

I'm actually near Marlborough, unfortunately I don't currently have a working PC with diagbox installed

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
CircuitMonke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 03:32 PM   #3
Inactive User

cheers for reply, have been doing a bit of research, seems diagbox is a combination of pp and lexia. I can buy the hardware on ebay for approx 50 quid. Am i correct in say that no matter what software you use be it pp or diagbox the cables you get are the same? It looks like the cables supplied from these sellers cover all peugeots and citreons?
iasha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-16, 03:39 PM   #4

I'm by no means an expert, my understanding is PP is much the same as diagbox, PP is end of life, newer cars are only supported by diagbox. I think the changeover is a gradual thing and generally speaking diagbox has better support for the 308. The cables are the the same, but the firmware revision is different and revision C interfaces are required for later versions of diagbox.

If I've got anything above wrong I'm sure someone will put me right.

There is a sticky on the forum somewhere that explains this all somewhere, may be worth a poke around

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
CircuitMonke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 03:42 PM   #5

Diagbox and PP use the same interface cable.

Diagbox is installed with a version of PP built in.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in