Heating Problem 308 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-18, 08:49 PM   #1

Question Heating Problem 308

Hi all i have a Peugeot 308 1.6 Hdi 90 bhp no DPF, with aircon, year 2000

I am only getting 30 degrees heat in car about 40 degrees when driving, but if i use the boost function i am getting 50 degrees approx. I know Peugeots have heater problems but im sure i should be getting more heat than this so i flushed out matrix at mains water pressure, it looked a good flow in both directions as i saw on the you tube video for a 308.

I have replaced thermostat and bled the system of air using both bleed valves, ie, bleed valve on top matrix hose and the other at thermostat location but im still getting the same Temperatures.
Could it still be the matrix even though i got good flow and clean water, or is there a heater flap or motor on this model

any info would be grateful.
Thank you
littlefoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-18, 11:26 AM   #2

I had the same issue when I first got my car 4 Years’s ago. Same car. The garage flushed it and like you it was still only warm and couldn’t believe it was so bad. They re did it but this time flushed for longer and ran for awhile when still getting just warm and then bleeding quite a few times to get all air out and then wow so so hot now, so either run and keep bleeding or re flush but it does get better and now I think the hottest I’ve ever had in a car.
Scorpion69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-18, 10:46 PM   #3

Smile Heater now working

Thanks for reply Scorpion69

I did the reflush again and i got the same clean flow of water, but now and then i noticed a slow flow, so i kept on flushing both directions.

I also used my jet wash on it, which is not supposed to be recommended because of the high pressures it can produce, but i used it through a clear hose with one end in the matrix and the lance in the other end pulling in air with the jetted water so it wouldnt put in to much pressure inside the matrix.

I bled the system and it worked.

I didnt drain the system as i had new antifreeze in the coolant, so I closed the hoses to the matrix with mole grips on each hose.

Thanks Buddy
littlefoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-05-18, 11:15 PM   #4

Cool I’m glad it worked
Scorpion69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in