Fuel and battery - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-18, 08:09 PM   #1

Default Fuel and battery

I put about 2 gallon petrol in my 308 1.6hdi today, there was already about that much diesel already in tank. I hadn't realised at this time my mistake. I drove about 30 miles then travelled back again 2hrs later. Car took 3 attempts to start but no problem and drove home absolutely fine. I had lunch and went to drive car again a a couple attempts to start but if did, reversed down drive and it cut out. Car refused to restart. Used battery and starter motor to move car back onto drive but battery went totally flat. It was only then that I suddenly realised why car had cut out and checked on fuel receipt that I had put petrol in. I opened bonnet to jump car from my van but could not find bet terminal so tried taking things apart including positive terminal. After internet research put negative jump lead onto engine mount but car wouldn't attempt to restart. Call s misfuel company to drain tank and fuel line, put in fresh diesel and restart car but we couldn't get car to turn over and noticed economy mode. Engineer left telling me to disconnect battery and charge. This I did and reconnect but still engine won't turn over and economy mode still being shown. Can anyone help.
class50nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-18, 08:34 PM   #2

Hi...dont worry about economy mode just yet...you need to fully recharge the battery ie overnight,and refit and try and start..you may have even overloaded the starter motor blowing a main fuse or even the starter...but start with a good charged battery.....

ps welcome to the forum...post and intro in the correct sub forum....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in