Fog light replacement on Peugeot 308 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-11, 12:39 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question Fog light replacement on Peugeot 308

Hi all,

I have a 2009 (59) Peugeot 308 HDi Sport, 90 Bhp version..

During the recent bad weather I had a bit of an accident in a local supermarket car park, end result is that the near/passenger side foglight needs to be replaced, or the existing fog light glued in place as the plastic lugs are broken which hold it in place (the lense/plastic itself is in tact).

Could anyone advise the easiest DIY solution for this, I can get hold of a replacement fog light easy enough, I am just contemplating whether it'll be easier to jack up the car, remove the wheel and wheel arch lining to fit the replacement, OR.... remove the front bumper and have easy direct access.

Also, I have also fitted a double din car stereo, unfortunately I have had to get rid of the control panel by the original Peugeot stereo which operates the settings on the dashboard LCD, is there any other way of changing the time on the dashboard LCD without reconnecting the control back back up ?

Many Thanks, Vaughn.
S.Wales, UK.
vatovey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-11, 07:23 PM   #2
chopper1192

Easiest and least likely to result in undue breakages, although not necessarily the quickest method, is bumper off. The mounts are a relatively soft ABSish type plastic and you may be able to melth them back together, but I can't see them doing well with gloo.

good luck.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-11, 10:15 PM   #3
Inactive User

Also if you are going to replace them i would do both of them, nothing worse than doing it all and then finding out at night time they are a slightly different colour

I would not glue them because one day if you need to change them you may have a problem getting them out
ElectekAir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-01-11, 06:11 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default fog light replacement

Replaced the broken fog lamp today with one purchased via eBay, is perfect fit and light colour is an exact match also.

Method is straight forward - Jack up car, remove wheel, undo star screw and normal bolts holding undertray in place, unclip wheel arch lining.

Fog lights are held in place with one star screw, and two plastic lugs moulded into the fog light housing itself.

Remove via wheel arch lining opening, re-assemble using reverse of above.

Hardest bit it re-inserting the fog light star screw, it's in an extremely awkward position, and those with big hands will probably struggle doing this.
vatovey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in