Fitting reverse camera - need help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-12, 04:44 PM   #1

Default Fitting reverse camera - need help

Hi all,

As you can see from the title im fitting a reverse camera except I'm unsure what colour the reverse light wire is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.
2001merc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-10-12, 07:23 PM   #2

The wiring block that goes to the rear lamp cluster , put the ignition on and make sure it's in reverse and ensure no side lights , brake lights etc are on.

Get a power probe and probe each connector terminal to see which one is the positive feed (red light on probe) . When you find it take note of which wire that it was and leaving the ignition on take the gear selector out of reverse and re probe the same wire , it should now be a negative (green light on probe)

There you have it , takes seconds
Old 17-10-12, 08:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply but i'm really just looking for someone to say red,blue,green ect so i dont need to mess about, surely somebody else must have done this.

Old 18-10-12, 01:23 PM   #4

Hi all again,

I'm now sorted the reverse wire is brown if anybody else wishes to have a go installing a camera or sensors.
It was pot luck for me looked at the cluster wires on both sides and saw only 1 brown wire so thought why not try it - this was after going to local dealer this morning who told me that he would have to hook it up to find out, cost £60, after asking him why he needed to hook it up to tell me the colour of a wire he said it was the only way to find out.
I suggested to him that i'm sure one of his fellow mechanics could probably tell me of the top of his head since they had a big sign offering after sales extras such as front and rear sensors for ££££sss.
After the confused look from him I then told him thank you and goodbye as he would not be seeing me in 6 months for my full service and check before the warranty expires and first MOT. He looked and I looked
Old 07-01-14, 05:30 PM   #5
Inactive User

I guess this is an old thread but was wondering how did you manage to attach the positive wire to the brown wire? And is the black wire attached to the earth screw???
Mattywinter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-14, 05:43 PM   #6

I done this for a 307. Click on my profile to find the thread. All wires are coded with letters and numbers not colours.
Old 19-11-17, 02:18 PM   #7

Default Reverse light wiring colours

I have just done this job, not fitting a camera but reversing sensors, on my 2012 107. After some testing I found the Green/Brown wire position 4 in the block and the Red wire position 2 were the correct combination.

I know that a lot of people mount these within the black bumper trim however I went for just above spraying base and clear coat.

The operation is good, as too is the colour match.

Hope this helps others

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138404...7/38464937006/

Last edited by DD11; 19-11-17 at 02:37 PM.
DD11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-18, 08:50 AM   #8

Talking Peugeot 207 Reversing Light Wire

Hi all,

I have just set up a reversing camera for my Peugeot 207 (2008) 1.4Vti Petrol and the +12V wire was a light green wire 3rd from the top (cant attach a photo so ill post a dropbox link)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwqiuiv3m3...38-18.png?dl=0

Last edited by 2008-207; 23-04-18 at 08:52 AM.
2008-207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in