Driver central mpg display not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-19, 06:25 PM   #1
lki

Default Driver central mpg display not working

Dear Peugeot forum members

I wonder if anyone has come across this problem in 308 2009 model.

The driver display screen suddenly stopped working.

When I switch the engine on it still works to begin with (i.e. I get the oil ok message to start with) so I presume it's not a bulb. However, afterwards the driver display switches off (picture attached). The other display on the dash is still working fine.

Previously the central driver display would be illuminated constantly showing real time mpg and how many miles the car will go until it needs re-fueling etc. Now all I get is a dark screen.

I know it doesn't matter too much but I wonder if there is a simple solution to this.

I am taking the car for service next week but I am not sure I should mention it. My experience with franchised dealers has been that they charge the earth and their only answer to everything is let's replace the the whole part.. in this case the whole instrument panel!

Any help would be most appreciated.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
screenshot-2019-02-16-19.07.17.jpg  
lki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-02-19, 03:31 AM   #2

if the car is in warranty then let them replace the whole unit but if its out then i suggest to remove cluster and check if some bulb is blown. I doubt these new clusters are Led based so not sure give a try you might find blown bulb if lucky.
Bemmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-02-19, 05:09 PM   #3
lki

Thanks for replying. I am embarrassed to say that it turned out to be a simple thing.

There is a button at the end of the wiper stick and I must have pushed it inadvertently and switched off the driver display.

The display came back on normally as soon as I pressed that button.

I have owned this car since 2012 and only discovered this button now!.
lki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in