DPF / FAP reset - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-18, 06:33 PM   #1

Default DPF / FAP reset

After checking various things on diagbox like additive level (half full), pump working, amount of soot (says 18% and should clear to near 0% on next regen), 287km since last performed regen, etc I have rightly or wrongly come to the conclusion my DPF is fine and simply Peugeot have decided that I have done enough miles now (127k) to warn me "Risk of filter clogging" and they want me to spend money. I have seen in diagbox where I can reset the additive level etc but for the life of me I can't find where I can tell it I have a new filter replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Diagbox
1.6 diesel 308 SW 2008
127k ish

All runs fine except for the clog warning on startup which is annoying.

Thanks in advance guys.
Jase_One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-05-18, 06:03 PM   #2

Yer they do that if it has the option out that you have replaced the dpf reset and see how you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-05-18, 07:22 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, it's where I reset it to tell the car I have had it replaced although it hasn't been that I am struggling to find. I will take another look tomorrow. Found where I can reset the fluid but not where I can reset the DPF.

Old 22-05-18, 10:00 AM   #4

Default DPF /FAP Reset

Hi, How do you know the DPF is not blocked? I ask this as I get the same warning up and have had to change the DPF. On advise of a local garage who are experts on Pugs, the DPF was blocked and this caused excessive back pressure apparently when I drove the car hard uphill overtaking an old school bus, this back pressure caused the turbo to fail. So beware, make sure the DPF is deffo not blocked. I am doing the rectification work myself, a new DPF and a new core for the turbo plus oil pick up strainer, turbo oil pipe and bango filter changed. But looking at the state of the old ones the lube system is not to blame as there is no sign of oil starvation, strainer and filter being clean. So I am agreeing with garage that back pressure must have caused the turbo failure.
The job is nearly done but I need to establish that the regen system is working, can you advise how to check this out, clearly something caused the DPF on my car to block (1.6 HDI 2008 SW). Surely if the regen sysetem is working the DPF should not get blocked?
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-18, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy892 View Post
Hi, How do you know the DPF is not blocked? I ask this as I get the same warning up and have had to change the DPF. On advise of a local garage who are experts on Pugs, the DPF was blocked and this caused excessive back pressure apparently when I drove the car hard uphill overtaking an old school bus, this back pressure caused the turbo to fail. So beware, make sure the DPF is deffo not blocked. I am doing the rectification work myself, a new DPF and a new core for the turbo plus oil pick up strainer, turbo oil pipe and bango filter changed. But looking at the state of the old ones the lube system is not to blame as there is no sign of oil starvation, strainer and filter being clean. So I am agreeing with garage that back pressure must have caused the turbo failure.
The job is nearly done but I need to establish that the regen system is working, can you advise how to check this out, clearly something caused the DPF on my car to block (1.6 HDI 2008 SW). Surely if the regen sysetem is working the DPF should not get blocked?
Hi, whilst I haven't physically had the DPF off for a visible look I have had Diagbox on the car and it has told me the following on most recent check.

Diagbox stated that it was 18% filled but should return to around 0% on next regen, 287km since last regen (so obviously did a working regen about 287km ago). Fluid was showing as about 1.3ltr in bag/tank. Actuators were activated and could be heard working on fluid pump.

Car seems to drive fine and mpg seems ok for the sort of miles I get / driving
conditions.

oh... and passed MOT yesterday with only an advisory on a slightly corroded brake pipe yesterday so happy MOT for 25

I currently get the warning as I believe it just starts after so many miles on peugeots from what I have read. Currently 127k on the vehicle so I assume after 100k peugeot want money off me. The problem I have currently is I have a slow fan speed error that I can't get rid of and I can't do a DPF reset on diagbox till ALL errors are cleared. Fan runs full speed when required and I have changed the resistor but hasn't changed anything. Assuming the fan works as it is running on full speed and assuming the resistor is ok as it's new I am next assuming is wire related between resistor and fan. Fuses all check out ok. Any advice from this point appreciated though.
Old 05-06-18, 10:35 AM   #6

Default DPF Differential Pressure with Diagbox.

Thanks for the info.

It seems that regen, from your reply, is based on mileage and not differential pressure (DP) across the DPF.

Does Diagbox give the DP value by the way? I would be interested to know that as I am thinking of purchasing same software.

Testing of the cooling fan would be an asset, as I had a severe overheat on my 307 due to fan relay failure. Did not know it was faulty until after the event. I was in a massive uphill traffic jam in summer.

This oveheat caused the cylinder head to warp with attending loss of coolant some months later, just fitted a second hand engine.
Old 05-06-18, 10:40 AM   #7

Thinking about it Diagbox is unlikely to give DP values as the sensor lines from the DPF connect to only a switch I believe, not a pressure sensor - I believe?? Can anyone confirm please it is a switch and not a sensor and the also what Diagbox actually shows regarding DP across the DPF?

Thanks
Old 05-06-18, 10:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy892 View Post
Thinking about it Diagbox is unlikely to give DP values as the sensor lines from the DPF connect to only a switch I believe, not a pressure sensor - I believe?? Can anyone confirm please it is a switch and not a sensor and the also what Diagbox actually shows regarding DP across the DPF?

Thanks
I'll need to check but iirc it has an inlet and outlet pressure sensoreither side of the DPF so I assume that would give correct values. I didn't know I had a slow fan speed error either till I was looking around in Diagbox. I can check all actuators and manually start the fan in both modes in the software but only the high speed works, I know the fan works in normal operation at high speed but neither in normal op' or forced op' can I get the low speed to work. As the car is driving fine I had no reason to think there was an issue. unfortunately a forced regen has specific conditions that it needs to meet to allow it to happen so unless I get rid of the error I can't do a forced regen, No errors is one of the specific conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
regulator-box.jpg   308-particle-filter.jpg  

Last edited by Jase_One; 05-06-18 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-07-18, 05:24 PM   #9

Default warning light ' warning risk of filter blocking'

I have recently had this problem...

My car has developed a problem today whilst out.. the triangle exclamation mark warning on the dash along with a warning on the screen ' info warning risk of filter blocking i was in Andover at the time and not sure if ok to drive. Halfords reccomended i get a diesel fuel cleaner thinking it was the fuel filter. I got this and put it a full tank of diesel. Called rescue and they advised it was a clogged dirty filter which should be fine to drive back to Southampton.
Have taken to local garage and they did full dpf regen and the warning light is still on. So they have said i need to take to a peugeot garage as they reckon its a software issue..

My quesion is is there anyone with peugeot planet or digi box around SO16 postcode? that can get rid of the warning for me.. and more importantly is it safe to drive in the meantime??

Thanks
any replies welcome...
nsna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-18, 09:11 PM   #10

On the 1.6HDi the warning will come on around 120k even if the DPF is good but never been changed. I took mine off, inspected and refitted it and told the ECU that a new one had been refitted using the replacement parts menu in Diagbox. This was after checking the differential pressure reading was around 4 bar at 2000RPM, further indication that the DPF was fine. The differential pressure is measured by a sensor. Forcing a regen or putting and additive in will not clear the warning if the problem is as above. It's not a software fault but has to be cleared using Diagbox. Also active regens are normally every 300 miles or so under good driving conditions (motorway etc) and will be more.frequent with increased regular journeys.

Can't tell you whether it is safe to drive without a proper diagnostics being done on Planet/Diagbox, as it could be a different issue or an actual clogged DPF (in which case get it sorted ASAP as the back pressure will kill the turbo, male sure you find the root cause).
TWRC likes this.

Last edited by Eccles; 12-07-18 at 09:13 PM.
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in