Door locking and Headlight problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-10-12, 09:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Door locking and Headlight problem

Hi all, new to forum but need some advice please. My daughter recently bought a 308 Sport HDI 110 second hand and all looked to be great. Now had it for 6 weeks and the central locking and headlights are starting to play up. She tells me that she has locked the car using the remote control a few times heard the car locking itself and seen the lights flashing but when she returned to the car the doors are all unlocked. She has also locked the car manually with the key to find that only the drivers door is locked while the other stay open.
The other problem seems to be that after driving with the headlights on and turning them off they stay on until she tries 4 or 5 times on the switch.
The dealer she bought the car from are trying to get out of doing anything so i just want to know if anyone else has had similar problems in the past.

Regards
Tall_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-12, 10:59 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Tall Bloke, I am having exactly the same problem with my 308 Sport which I bought in 2009 (preregistered). It started with the headlights turning themselves on. A garage told me that it could need a new indicator switch, which I haven't had done yet. Over over the last few days I've noticed the locking doing the same things that you are experiencing. I am going to book it back into the garage (hopefully next week) and see what they say. I haven't taken it to peugoet as my local dealer charges too much to just look at it. Will let you know how I get on.
teaspoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-13, 01:30 PM   #3
Inactive User

I had the same problem up until today when I done a Diagnostic check on my car with PP2000 and found that the tailgate was registering as open when it was quite clearly shut, so I had a look at the lock mechanism and found that the plastic switch inside the lock was out of place! All I done to fix this was disconnect cable from switch, clip switch back in place then reconnect cable.

The central locking has now stopped bouncing and is functioning correctly.
davie206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-01-13, 03:31 PM   #4
Inactive User

Well done Davie, a much cheaper solution than mine

I ended up taking to a Peugeot dealer, they fixed the locking problem by fitting a new lock to the drivers door for 260 but couldn't find any problem with the headlights. So the problems with the door etc is now fixed but my headlights still randomly turn themselves on!
teaspoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-13, 04:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaspoon View Post
Well done Davie, a much cheaper solution than mine

I ended up taking to a Peugeot dealer, they fixed the locking problem by fitting a new lock to the drivers door for 260 but couldn't find any problem with the headlights. So the problems with the door etc is now fixed but my headlights still randomly turn themselves on!
Its a joke the amount of money the main dealers charge ehh..Thats why I got myself a Peugeot Planet interface.
I had a the same problem with my headlights and I fixed it by disconnecting negative battery clamp, disconnecting wiring for lights/hid kit, reconnected lights/hid kit and done a bsi reset. So far so good

This also fixed a problem I had with the ESP light coming on when i switched my headlights on.

Last edited by davie206; 18-01-13 at 04:02 PM.
davie206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-13, 02:04 PM   #6

Have a similar problem when I unlock the car it sometime opens the tail gate or rear screen depending on how it feels or at other times only open the tail gate when a door is opened and at other times just will not open the tail gate till its locked and unlocked again. Some time backed I fixed this by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it but the last time this happened I tried the battery method with limited success until this morning when I got so cross with it, lost the rag and slammed the tale gate as hard as I could and guess what it seams to of fixed it. ps I am not holding my breath its going to start again and my first approach will be to slam the tail gate, it might work again
215433 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-13, 01:43 AM   #7
Inactive User

My 09 308 door locks have been messing around too! There are times the drivers door won't open from the inside, i have to put the window down and open from the outside. Then recently if I lock the car the lights with flicker 3/4 times but the locks don't click (the car is still open), then if I hit the unlock button the locks do click (it's still open) On one occasion I got out leaving the drivers door open and engine running then the locks start clicking again..

PLEASEEEEE do not let this be the start of the electrical problems
armagh308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in