Discs need replacing after only 20,000 miles.. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-13, 07:10 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Discs need replacing after only 20,000 miles..

Took my 1.4 308 for its MOT today, it passed but I was told the front discs & pads need replacing, the mechanic was very surprised at this, the garage has a good reputation for honesty, they quoted 180. Anyone else had problems with front discs?
Trickytrees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-04-13, 07:29 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default Brakes

Hi, was looking through service history on my 308, a 1.6 hdi 2009. I noticed that the front pads and discs had been replaced on 37,500 service. Maybe excessive and harsh braking by previous owner, I don't know but it's fine now. Maybe Peugeot make the discs a little on the thin side for some reason. It isn't a hard job to replace them, just make sure you get genuine parts as cheap Chinese or Indian replacements don't last long. If you don't buy from main dealer then make sure they are o/e (original equipment).
Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-04-13, 09:08 PM   #3
Inactive User

Cool It looks a common thing

Had my 308 sport serviced and mot'd ( first one) at 19000 mls. Got the car with 13500 mls and I hardly ever use the brakes. However my pads are down to 5 mm on the front and the discs will need changing at the same time as pads. They seem to wear quick, to give you an idea the Bosch pads start at 12 mm thick mine are just under half that and can only be run until 2mm min. The discs start life at a thickness of 26 mm and are to be changed at 24 mm min !! ( not a lot then). You can get a good set from places like Eurocarparts etc for 80 ish and factor in approx; 80-100 to fit. So your quote is not bad.
When I think that I've had well over 100000 mls out of a set of discs on my two previous cars (astras) the ones on the pug do appear a touch fragile.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in