Disabling the automatic Boot opening - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-13, 08:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Disabling the automatic Boot opening

Hello!

I am a new Peugeot 308SW 1.6HDi / 2010 owner and I don't know how to disable the automatic Boot opening. The boot open by itself in 2 situations:
1. When I unlock the doors by pressing the unlock button from the key
and
2. When I stop the engine and I open the driver's door.

Can this be disabled?

Thanks in advance for help.
stelysan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-13, 03:52 PM   #2

I have 308SW 1.6hdi with almost the same problem. I have just posted a reply in "door locking and headlight problem" but have made a temporary fix by slamming the tail gate, not dreadfully scientific but possibly a short term fix, the auto opening was driving me mad.
215433 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-13, 01:51 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john99 View Post
I have 308SW 1.6hdi with almost the same problem. I have just posted a reply in "door locking and headlight problem" but have made a temporary fix by slamming the tail gate, not dreadfully scientific but possibly a short term fix, the auto opening was driving me mad.
Hello!

I have find out the "antidot" and this worked for me.
So, you have to do the following:
With the entire car locked, press the UNLOCK button on the remote control. The car will unlock and the boot with open by itself.
Do not open any door, just close back the boot and re-lock the car by pressing the LOCK button on the remote control.

That's all. Next time you unlock the car you will notice that the boot is only unlocked and it does not open by itself. This "state" will not change if the first thing opened after unlocking is a door, NOT the boot. If you open the boot after unlocking then everything changes back, so the car will open the boot at unlocking.

Best regards. Have a nice day.
stelysan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in