Dashcam still charging whilst car off? 12V socket fuse - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-17, 07:24 PM   #1

Default Dashcam still charging whilst car off? 12V socket fuse

Hi all

First time posting here, but I couldn't find the answer online. I've recently hardwired my dashcam in to the car by using a kit that just plugs in to a fuse socket and piggybacks off of it (the cable plugs in to the fuse socket, and the original fuse plugs in to that).

I put it in to the 12V Accessory fuse, as the idea was that it only charges whilst I turn the car on. However, I noticed that the camera still charged for about a minute after I took the key out. Confused, I then (awkwardly) put it in to the fuse socket that controls the satnav screen, but that has the same effect.

Is this right/safe? The dashcam charges/comes on when there's any car activity - door opened, or even remotely unlocked. Effectively anything that would turn the lights or mileage meter on.

Considering this has happened on both sockets that I assumed would be ignition only, is this just how it happens? I don't want to get in my car tomorrow morning and find a dead battery. Again, the camera DOES stop charging after ~1 minute 20 seconds, so I don't think it's a continuous drain.

Thanks
yatesl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-08-17, 08:14 PM   #2

Hi...both my 3008 and my 407 have hard wired dash cams from the fuse box...the power switches off when the bsi goes to sleep..and if a door is opened that wakes up the bsi and then that powers the fusebox...
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-17, 09:59 PM   #3

Oh it's common and correct then? Good, I didn't want to have to get an emergency Uber to work! Although I wish I asked sooner before I spent 10 minutes trying to get through the wiring to the Sat nav fuse right in the corner of the fuse box, you need baby hands to get that in and out easily
yatesl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-08-17, 10:04 PM   #4

My dashcam used to come on/go off with the BSI in my 407s and my 508, but not in my RCZ.
It only works with the ignition in that.
No idea what fuse I used
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in