Dashcam placement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-16, 09:09 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Dashcam placement

I've got a Transcend Drivepro 200 dashcam, and was wondering about the best position it could be placed on the windscreen. That ridiculously large fixture that they have used for the interior mirror, gets right in the way. I did try placing it to the left of that fixture, but it's still visible in the top right of the picture. I'm using the suction cup bracket to fix it to the windscreen.

Last edited by Stujim; 01-05-16 at 09:13 PM.
Stujim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-16, 08:58 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi stujim...placed ours to left too and point it slightly to right and down,just a case of trial and error.
poppy pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 09:31 AM   #3
Inactive User

Ok, thanks. I'll give it another try. It's a real shame that they designed that mirror fixture that way.

Edit - without sounding cheeky, I don't suppose you have any pictures of your camera installation do you? I want to get the correct positioning, but without getting into trouble when it's mot'd

Last edited by Stujim; 02-05-16 at 10:04 AM.

Old 02-05-16, 03:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi have a look at these pics:cam.jpg

cam1.jpg
stro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 03:58 PM   #5
Inactive User

Nice one, cheers. Now all I need to do, is find out why the cigarette lighter socket has decided to stop working. I'm going to hardwire the dash cam, but was using the socket to get an idea about it's position.
Old 02-05-16, 05:13 PM   #6

I have the same dashcam installed on my 2014 308. There are some photos and a sample video at the end of the thread:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...nstall-190650/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-16, 06:39 PM   #7
Inactive User

Yes, I've seen your guide before. Not sure if I want to take the light fitting apart. Also, by the looks of it, Peugeot made the windscreen bracket that the interior mirror attaches to, a decent size. It looks more of a square shape, rather than the ridiculous oblong thing they used in earlier models of 308 (as in my 2008 model). This makes it a bit difficult for placing the camera, as you'll get some of the bracket in the top right corner of the picture.
Old 02-05-16, 07:33 PM   #8
Inactive User

Found out why (I think) my cigarette lighter socket has stopped working, I saw a message come up on the dash "economy mode active". From what I've read, this can cause problems. I only had the ignition on for about ten minutes as I tried to position the dash cam
Old 04-05-16, 09:59 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujim View Post
I've got a Transcend Drivepro 200 dashcam, and was wondering about the best position it could be placed on the windscreen. That ridiculously large fixture that they have used for the interior mirror, gets right in the way. I did try placing it to the left of that fixture, but it's still visible in the top right of the picture. I'm using the suction cup bracket to fix it to the windscreen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujim View Post

I decided to remove the plastic cover, comes off in 2 parts, have to remove the mirror too. Run a separate fused 12v feed on a relay controlled by ignition feed so it switches on once the car starts and turns off when the ignition turns off too. I Also have a camera in the rear window, cable runs to the front of the car (hidden) and is linked to the reverse light, so when I engage reverse the lcd display maximizes the rear camera and also displays a parking grid.

The memory card is still accessible. Everyone that gets in the car asks if it has been done professionally.....
Attached Thumbnails
dashcam1.jpg   dashcam2.jpg  
g4m8l3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-16, 10:29 PM   #10
Inactive User

That looks really good. How did you attach the camera to the plastic cover?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in