Cooling Fan relay / resistor - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2007-2014)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-18, 09:40 AM   #1

Default Cooling Fan relay / resistor

Hi, I'm sure I have read somewhere that I don't need to remove the bumper to get access to clean / replace the radiator cooling fan resistor. If not removing the bumper what's best way to access the resistor?

Fan running on fast when it comes on but throwing up an fault error for slow speed.

1.6 HDI 308 SW 2008

Thanks for any help guys.
Jase_One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-18, 08:40 AM   #2

Default Low Fan Speed error.

Replaced the fan resistor without having to take off the front bumper but still have the low fan speed error on diagbox still? Still runs at full speed but can't cancel the low fan speed error in diagbox.

Any ideas where to look next is very much appreciated. Check all fuses.

1.6 HDI 308 2008
Old 03-06-18, 09:01 AM   #3

000000.phe.20180602-170738.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
p0694.jpg  

Last edited by Jase_One; 03-06-18 at 09:29 AM.

Old 02-10-18, 10:09 PM   #4

Hi, I understand that on later models of the 307 the cooling fan is controlled by a module located near the lower side of the radiator RH side, behind the bumper. Can anyone confirm this and if so supply a part number as I am diagnosing a problem with my 307 SW Facelift cooling fan. Apparently later models of the 307 do not have the relays fitted to the earlier 307 models.?

Last edited by Andy892; 02-10-18 at 10:11 PM.
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-18, 07:44 AM   #5

1308CL is the part number of the fan control unit of the facelift 307. There are no other relays and it is on the right near the top of the frame housing the fan.
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-18, 09:26 AM   #6

Cheers for that, I have ordered a new part, however I am a bit confused as on the internet in one of those pay-the-technicaian-for-advice sites I came across the the following advice is given by a Pug on-line technician is response to a problem about cooling fan faults:

The early type had relays controlling the fan speed this should be located on the fan housing, the later type has the control module and there should be 6 wires to it, this should be located on the driver's side of the car near the radiator just under the headlamp area, I've been trying to get a diagram for this but am unable to load one, the best I have is below and is shown in red 16.pug-cooling-fan-resistor-facelift.jpg
[/I]
Looks like I need to get the wheel arch liner off to have a good look !
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in